We stayed here at the start of our honeymoon and felt as if we had arrived in paradise. From the moment our light plane touched down on the airstrip we felt totally relaxed. We were met by a guide who offered us a glass of chilled white wine and a sweet treat while he talked us through what we could expect from Selous and our stay.
The main camp is beautiful with stunning views of the hippos and crocs in the Rufiji River. Cameron and Kate are excellent hosts and made sure we had everything we needed, nothing was too much trouble.
Our guide, Edward, was knowledgable and an excellent host. We enjoyed a mixture of activities - private game drives, a river safari, a trip to the hot springs, fishing, and a walking safari. The game was great, although we didn't see any elephant while we were there.
Food was delicious, really fresh and tasty. Guests eat together in the evenings which is a really fun way of sharing your stories from that day. Lunch is served as a buffet with the opportunity to sit individually from other guests which we enjoyed.
Our room was AMAZING! The view was incredible, the bed comfortable, the bathroom brilliant with its open views and solar warmed shower with plenty of water. After dark you are accompanied to and from your room and you will be collected promptly at the time you request.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and were sad to leave. Cameron and Kate organised a private poolside meal for us on our last night with a bottle of Prosecco which was really special, and we were even serenaded by a bullfrog!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When Richard Bonham built Sand Rivers, he was offered any area in the Northern Selous. There were good reasons why this site, overlooking the mile wide Rufiji River, was the only place he wanted to be. At the heart of an intricate network of sand river channels, oxbow lakes and open plains, Sand Rivers opens a window on the private lives of Africa's big mammals. Creep up on elephant as they wallow in hidden lakes; drift silently by boat down the river at dusk or sleep out under the stars at night in our unique flycamp. With just eight open-fronted rooms looking out over the Rufiji River, Sand Rivers offers variety, spontaneity and a gradual immersion in a seductively wild part of Southern Tanzania. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your Sand Rivers Selous, Nomad Tanzania reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sand Rivers Selous Hotel Selous Game Reserve
- Sand Rivers Selous, Nomad Tanzania Selous Game Reserve