This was the Safari phase of our 3 week honeymoon and the highlight of our trip. Located 20 mins away from the Selous NP Sable Mountain Lodge consists of a number of bandas (some stone, some canvas) scattered over a hillside. Interspersed amongst these are open plan dining/relaxing areas and a covered pool filled by springwater. The environmental impact is also lessened by the use of it's own spring and power from solar panels. The scattered nature of the bandas combined with the stunning views all adds to the illusion of remoteness and the experience. The lodge is wonderful but what takes this place to another level is the staff. They were friendly, knowledgeable and seemed to have a genuine interest and pride in their work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful Sable Mountain lodge is set in the beho hills on the North Western boundary of Selous Game Reserve. The lodge is built over several hills giving a fantastic vantage point and, arguably the best view of the reserve. There is a combination of large and comfortable en suite tented rooms and stone cottages all private and all with great views. The freshwater pool provides a welcome on return from a safari. The nearby tree house and water hole attracts lots of game and a few hours can easily be spent there observing. Relax at the Land Rovers Return pub before dining in the restaurant or under the endless stars. The most special element about Sable Mountain is the team who are famous for their friendliness and will go the extra mile to ensure that you have a superb safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Sable Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sable Mountain Hotel Selous Game Reserve
- Sable Mountain Lodge Tanzania/Selous Game Reserve