We stayed for 4 nights here. I reiterate all the positive comments other guests have made. The safari trips were wonderful, dawn or dusk, by jeep, boat or on foot. The staff really seem to care and looked after us so well. The accommodation surpassed my expectations by a long way (banda 12). Never did I expect hot and cold fresh water and such comfort in such a remote place. Rama, our guide has the most phenomenal eyesight and can spot a 'find' miles off - literally! He is also so knowledgeable, it was a privilege to spend our time with him. The food was wonderful, they will cater for you if you let them know (I don't eat meat) - who needs a menu choice when the food is this good? Pepe the armed guard was friendly and kind, despite us having no common language. Holly, the on-site assistant manager has a wealth of experience that exceeds that of some people three times her age. We saw so many animals, amazing sunsets and sun rises, visited the Masai village and learnt so much. I would loved to have stayed a very long time. We got the train from Dar to Kisaki and despite the fact that we were several hours late, Rama still met us late at night and took us back to the extreme comfort of Sable Mountain Lodge. They even save dinner for us. The staff are a group of exceptional, kind and dedicated people. I can't thank them, or recommend them, enough.
Also note: Tent With a View are a great company - see also Tent with a View Saadani. We went from one to the other and the contrast of the two safari was well worth doing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful Sable Mountain lodge is set in the beho hills on the North Western boundary of Selous Game Reserve. The lodge is built over several hills giving a fantastic vantage point and, arguably the best view of the reserve. There is a combination of large and comfortable en suite tented rooms and stone cottages all private and all with great views. The freshwater pool provides a welcome on return from a safari. The nearby tree house and water hole attracts lots of game and a few hours can easily be spent there observing. Relax at the Land Rovers Return pub before dining in the restaurant or under the endless stars. The most special element about Sable Mountain is the team who are famous for their friendliness and will go the extra mile to ensure that you have a superb safari experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com and Booking.com so you can book your Sable Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sable Mountain Hotel Selous Game Reserve
- Sable Mountain Lodge Tanzania/Selous Game Reserve