Great staff were very helpful during my stay. Hotel is located 5 min walk to ferry station, but it-s worth to pay 2000 tsh for someone to guide you there! Rooms are spacious, clean, with good zanzibari style furniture. Single issue is (if you are a couple, and haven't been married for 30 years) shower and toilet area offer no privacy, they are separated from the room by a carved wooden screen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the bustling heart of Stone Town the building was originally set up and used as an Indian Merchant House in the 19th century. In the 125 years that were to come the building was home to one of the many Sultan families and then became a hotel some years ago. After purchasing the hotel, renovations started in May 2008. Most of the hotel has been restored into its original state, but we have been making some changes as well. The result is The Swahili House - a sparkling hotel with traditional influences and modern day facilities in combination with authentic Swahili hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your The Swahili House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swahili House Hotel Stone Town
- The Swahili House Zanzibar Island/Stone Town