I feel as if I stayed at a different hotel than the one reviewed so highly on Trip Advisor! The woman who worked the desk was tired and talked in a monotone that was unintelligible in English for me or in Swahili for my friend and was no help in making us feel comfortable. The stifling heat and humidity filled the lobby and rooms and our air conditioning unit barely worked; the old ceiling fan was like an airplane landing in the room and couldn't be used. The sheets were thin and itchy, the "shower" a trickle not enough to wash my hair, the toilet noisily flushed for five minutes and not completely. Wifi was supposed to work in the lobby and rooftop but it never connected. The rooftop breakfast area was crowded, hot, lots of flies and lukewarm coffee. I had reserved three nights but after all this and then a huge storm, power outage, backup generator not working or just trying with loud bangs all night long and horrible heat --- we changed hotels. It was a disappointing welcome to Zanzibar to say the least.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Warere Town House is one of the oldest hotels in Stone Town providing authentic, affordable accommodation for over 30 years. We are a small, family run hotel that prides itself on making your stay on our spice island memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Warere Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warere Town House Hotel Stone Town
- Warere Town House Zanzibar Island/Stone Town