“Good Lodge at a great rpice”
Review of Warere Town House

Warere Town House
Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Stone Town
Hanoi
“Good Lodge at a great rpice”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

For the price this place is a great and central. Nothing fancy about the place but its clean and with working wifi. The beds are for some reason unusually high up to the point where I had to take a running jump to get on but you can walk everywhere from here (Although I wouldn't advise it at night and there are loads of taxis) and they are very helpful in organizing all your tours. Staff are friendly and felt very safe staying here alone

Two minus points: The breakfast was pretty poor and taxis booked through them around the island were quite highly priced. That being said I came back for two extra days so I definitely found it a good place to stay for the cost

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Warere, General Manager at Warere Town House, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear HunterSony,

Thank you for reviewing the Warere. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and came back for a further two nights!

Our taxi service, which is $40 to/from anywhere on Zanzibar Island, is one of the cheapest taxi services you will find from any hotel on the island. It is, however, more expensive than just taking a taxi from the road. This is because we make sure that our drivers are fully licensed, that our vehicles are properly maintained and we pay all our taxes. This is to help ensure our guests have no unpleasant experiences on the road. If you take a taxi from the road you will not know whether they are properly licensed or insured and may end up stuck at a police block!

I am sorry you found our breakfast poor. Breakfast includes your choice of omelettes or pancakes, a wide selection of breads, fresh fruits, sausages, beans and unlimited tea or coffee. I would appreciate it if you could email me on info@warere.com if there were any shortcomings so I can rectify the problem.

We look forward to having you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I really liked this hotel.
Location is good with just a short walk to the main part of the town and an even shorter walk to the port.
The staff were very helpful and organised taxis and trips.
The room was very nice and good value at $70 a night I felt.
The breakfast was fine. It is served on the roof terrace where you get a view of the port

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Very nice 3-night stay, excellent breakfast on the roof overlooking the city, very friendly and helpful staff who were able to book all manner of trips and excursions for us at good prices.

Only downside was the very short bed with a footboard, making pretty uncomfortable for anyone over 6 foot tall. Apart from that, excellent place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I liked the staff they where warm and friendly, their service is good and the rooms are beautiful.
I enjoyed having my breakfast on the rooftop restaurant as i looked at the beautiful view of the ancient architecture of stone town.
I would highly recommend this guest house

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed at Warere for two nights during Eid. Staff was friendly and great. Loved the friendly smiles and pleasant greetings when I came and went. Bonus that staff met me right outside the ferry gate, allowing me to avoid the crush of taxi drivers offering rides, and escorted me to the hotel, also pointing out the alley shortcut that allows you to avoid the dark stretch of road by the ferry terminal when returning to the hotel at night. Easy access to StoneTown and to Mr. Mitu's Spice Tours! Room was small but pleasant, with working fan and mosquito netting (and A/C, if you need it). Loved the scented soap! Final touch that made my stay was when one of the staff lent me his umbrella to walk to the Palace Museum on my final (rainy) morning!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Warere is a truly lovely place to stay. The rooms are excellent and very comfortable, and staff are very welcoming upon arrival (including welcome drink). Breakfast is offered on the roof which is very nice. Warere is a 5-10 minute walk outside of the central part of Stone Town, and the walk at night can be a bit dark, but we didn't have any problems. Overall, a really excellent accomodation

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our family stayed here for just one night but we found it to be a wonderful accommodation for us. Upon arrival and throughout our stay the receptionist was especially friendly and welcoming-exceeding our expectations. All of the staff proved to be very helpful and nice. For the price, the hotel proved to be excellent. With a clean room and bathroom, relatively good location and a nice breakfast with a beautiful view of the city and harbour. The location was nice because it right near the ferry and quite close to the airport. At the same time, it was also near to nice dinner options and only a short walk from the city. With luggage the hotel was extremely easy to access because it was almost right off the main road. I would highly recommend staying at this location.

Room Tip: We stayed in the family room on the third floor which had a double bed and two singles, a small balc...