“Great food and attentive service !”
Review of Monsoon Restaurant

Monsoon Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 81 Restaurants in Stone Town
Cuisines: African
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have been here twice now and the food is gorgeous !

The restaurant is beautifully decorated and the service was great both times !

Monsoon should definitely gave a higher rating !

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I had the three course set menu. Great value and wonderful food. I would recommend this to anyone seeking a tasty meal with good service and decor.

1  Thank Ken_Skis
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had the grilled red snapper. No presentation, food was just piled on the plate, must take shoes off for going to bathroom, overall not clean, average food but right on the waterfront.

1  Thank Lora K
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I went for the promise of Taraab music. When I arrived, you had to order food to see the performance – I ordered despite not really being hungry and was very pleasantly surprised. Really excellent veggie option (of stuffed aubergine, normally the most dull of veggie options) – its hard to say quite why, but this was a subtlety delicious treat. I really got a feel for the experience in spices that this island has when cooking. And the music – great. And when the electricity cut out and stayed out – that just added to the enjoyment.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We initially came to Monsoon restaurant for lunch, but changed to dinner reservation because we saw that they have the Taarab performance the same evening. We came in the evening, and reconfirmed that we are having dinner and watching the performance - they said yes, which turned out to be a lie. After we had our starters, we asked the staff and he said the performance is cancelled because lack of dinner reservations. Later another staff said its because one of the performers is sick. There are plenty of reviews about slow service here - but to offer something that they don't have is a business malpractice that is unacceptable.