“visit”

Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Stone Town
Bassersdorf, Switzerland
“visit”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

i was suprise to find such a beautiful Hotel in stone town Zanzibar warm welcoming and a very romantic terrace over looking FORODHANI, The dinner was fantastic,we didnt need any trasport we could move easily day and night,the room was fantastic,looking forward to go back,when in zanzibar

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lusaka, Zambia
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The seyyida is beautifully located in the stone town, I live in Lusakawest and was looking forward to visiting Zanzibar. I chose the seyyyida and was not disappointed , it is actually more beautiful than the website pictures, the rooms are big, cool and spacious, the restaurant was stunning, and food delicious and coming from a catering background I appreciated what was served. The staff are friendly , welcoming and alwaysfull of smiles. As you enter the hotel you are welcomedby a beautiful courtyard with lovely shrubs and flowers which actually is the entrance into the health spa. Fatume the spa girl gave me a relaxing scrub and massage after my tiring trip from Lusaka . I would really recommend this hotel to anyone who visits stone town.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed here for two nights after 5 at the beach at Nungwi, and 4 on safari at Selous - a perfect end to our holiday.
Lovely big room with gold coloured mosquito nets, and a view out to sea, and beneath us what looked like a disused graveyard. A small balcony where you could watch the ships coming into harbour. Room was very clean. Large bathroom with walk in shower, a safe, hanging area and the usual other facilities - and a big chest. Dressing gowns were also available. In the bedroom there was a 'fridge, tea and coffee making equipment, a bottle of water, and T.V.
Once we had breakfast inside in the breakfastroom on the top floor, and the second morning it was brilliant sunshine, so we had it on the terrace. A menu was handed to us, after juice and fruit were placed before you, and you could order what you liked - great choice.
We ate at other restaurants in the evening so can not comment on the dinner menu.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
My friend had a foot massage in the spa and found it very good.
There were vines or creepers hanging down to the lobby in an open courtyard, with interesting urns, cushions, etc. for decoration. There were several sitting areas but we did not utilise thm.
We found it safe walking out at night even though the alleyways were not all lit up.
It was grand walking distance to the main attractions, and we took a guided walking tour of Stonetown, just after some heavy rain one day.
As our holiday was part of a package I do not know what price we paid for the hotel, but the whole holiday was reasonable as we were not looking for 5 star accommodation.
I would certainly go back there and recommend Seyyida to my friends.

Room Tip: We had room 201 which had a sea view overlooking possible a disused graveyard
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Nice hotel wirh excellent location close to the sea/port and all the sights. Small nice spa with good massages. Restaurant on rooftop terrasse with nice view and good food. Traditionally styled and very clean rooms. Kind and helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Verona, Italy
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Excellent hotel of this class...kept extremely clean. Front desk staff is very friendly and welcoming. Breakfast area is spacious and one of the best in Zanzibar I have experienced. Fresh fruit (strawberries, oranges, apples, and bananas) in addition to all the other hot and cold items. This stay was during several events in town and they handled groups well. I actually stayed here twice in the same week/ weekend. Second time back was upgraded to a suite which was very nice and spacious. I will be back to this place and highly recommend to others when in the area.

Room Tip: Sea facing rooms are thebest
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wildebeestsafar... K
Naples, Italy
Reviewed 12 September 2013

If you need a special night in Stone Town this is the place where to be!
Up on the top roof of Seyyda there is this amazing lounge called Lulu: you can enjoy one of the best food experience in Zanzibar! I swear!
The rooms are comfortable and so stylish with this mosquito net who covers your bed like a curtain.
From my room I could even look at the fool moon...so romantic...unluckily I was alone in the bed...
And they are jazz fan as well! ++++++

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank davide n
Zanzibar City, Zanzibar Urban, Tanzania
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I recently travelled from Australia to Tanzania and Zanzibar on kind of our second honeymoon. Having already travelled to East Africa I was keen to show my wife the splendours of the coast and especially Zanzibar. Undoubtably the highlight of this part was our short but very sweet stay at the Seyyida Hotel in the old stone town. We were very thrilled on arrival at the tasteful yet authentic decor of our room (201 I think) In the same way the rest of the hotel spaces conveyed an overall feeling of romantic calmness, especially from the various terraces, just what we needed. But really the highlight and truely the essence of the hotel was the staff and service that we received. Right from the manager Diana, so friendly and charming with a subtle professionalism to the receptionist so cheerful and helpful and all the others who made our stay there so unforgettable. Oh how can I have nearly missed to mention the food, especially the breakfast (my favourite). If we can manage a third honeymoon would be hard not to revisit this hotel. As long as the staff are all still there!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple