“one of the most amazing places”

Jafferji House & Spa
Ranked #12 of 33 Hotels in Stone Town
Karachi, Pakistan
“one of the most amazing places”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

the interior, the architecture, every little small detail has been looked upon!!! big upp to the manager Donna she definitely makes it happen! i would like to congratulate the owners and the people who have worked on this place! highly recommended!!

Room Tip: adnan's and out of africa! the besssttttt
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarahquettawala
JAFFERJI, Owner at Jafferji House & Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the interior and architecture.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Kind regards

JAVED JAFFERJI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Greek first
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed her for about 4 nights during a work assignment on the island earlier this month and had a great experience! Contacted the manager, Donna before arriving and she arranged everything including airport transfers and gave me a great rate for the low season and was also very flexible when I had to change my reservation dates. I also recommended the hotel for colleagues who were travelling before and after me for work. Breakfast was simple but good and the restaurant also had some simple food...would have liked to see more variety being that we were in Zanzibar! Service was pleasant and helpful, although their English wasn’t great and weren’t able to recommend other restaurants in stone town.

The real highlight were the rooms, I stayed in the Princess Salme suite which was beautifully decorated and very comfortable. The show and bath were great! Felt very pampered. The rooms are a bit dark though and lighting is a bit poor and wasn’t able to see in the bathroom very well.

Also, unfortunately I was there for work and my room did not have wireless signal which was available only in the restaurant and reception. Also, because we were in stone town, the rooms overlook the street and can get a bit noisy. All in all though a great experience!

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from main street which are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank sid_wise
JAFFERJI, Manager at Jafferji House & Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice feedback following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the service and Princess Salme Suite,

I was sorry to hear that you found the English of our our restaurant staff not very good. In Zanzibar we try to employ staff which are local and I am also glad to inform you that now some of our staff are going for English lessons, sponsored by us. In the last 5 weeks, they are doing very well and thanks for letting us know so we can improve the services in the hotel.

I am please you that the the internet in Princess Salme Suite is working properly and we look forward welcoming you soon in Zanzibar

Thanks

Arusha, Tanzania
Reviewed 13 June 2012

I have stayed twice, and i have had an absolutely wonderful stay.
It truly is a hidden treasure in the streets of Stone town, never a boring moment, with so much to take in an admire, and learn.
The service is outstanding, food to match.
Overall i can honestly say a magical place to stay.

Thanks very much again.

Justin

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
JAFFERJI, Owner at Jafferji House & Spa, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely comments following your recent stay at Jafferji House and Spa.

I was pleased to hear that you found the service that we provide to be perfect and that you had an enjoyable time with us.

I hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 June 2012

One of the finest place i have visited yet, remarkable service and outstanding place to spend your vacations.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
JAFFERJI, Owner at Jafferji House & Spa, responded to this review, 13 June 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your most kind words of appreciation.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Excellent all round: efficient and friendly reception, the concierge was helpful with directions, every member of staff I encountered smiled and greeted me. The room was very quiet and large compared to Europran standards.

I stayed in Adnans Suite, Beautiful blue room and very unique.

Breakfast was very good and staff were attentive without being intrusive. I shall definitely ask my booking agency to send me there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anon521
JAFFERJI, Owner at Jafferji House & Spa, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Guest

WOW! it is such a pleasure to read your complimenting review on Jafferji House and Spa.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the facilities in our hotel and enjoyed the stay.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Over the past few months I have been thinking about ways in which I could propose to my gorgeous girlfriend when the idea was to go Zanzibar came to mind.
I decided to have a look at what they had to offer in Zanzibar and was not disappointed.
I contacted the  hotel and booked myself into their amazing King Size Jafferji Sultan Deluxe Suite, the idea was that upon arrival to our suite my girlfriend would find a bouquet of 50 red roses, petals on the bed and a card which read “will you marry me?”

But how to organise all of this?
After my booking I emailed Donna to see if she could make this possible and later that same day I received a call from her. Donna was extremely helpful and excited about the surprise which I had in mind, we discussed the idea in length and Donna kept in contact right up to the date.
Upon arrival at the Jafferji house and Spa my girlfriend and I were struck by the decor of the hotel, it really was a beautiful place full with fantastic photographic artwork with a real lavish feeling.
The furniture is unique and truly antiques.
By this time was I getting rather nervous, however I had already received a text from Donna letting me know that the suite was ready and I was getting tensed.
Donna actually checked us into the hotel and showed us up to our suite, Jafferji Suite was simply breath taking to say the least, every little detail of the front room was perfect and then of course to top it off my girlfriend opened the door and walked into the bedroom.
Atmospheric lights and  rose petals on the bed, bouquet, campaign, rose petals in the bath it really was something special.
Her face was so happy as she opened the card which read “will you marry me?”, as she looked around I was on one knee with the ring and she said yes.

I would just like to thank the Jafferji House and Spa for the most amazing weekend, I honestly cannot recommend your hotel enough it was fantastic. With once more a brief thank you to all Jafferji House and spa staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
JAFFERJI, Owner at Jafferji House & Spa, responded to this review, 11 June 2012
Dear Guest

I am so excited that your trip worked out according to your expectations and you managed to propose your girlfriend in Zanzibar Romantic style.

Zanzibar is famous for romance, beaches and stylish hotels and I am am so happy to hear that you loved the Jafferjis Sultan Suite.

We would love to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards

nairobi, kenya
Reviewed 4 June 2012

A very unique place in a class of its own!

This is a wonderful place for a nice getaway. The hotel is a historic home of the Jafferji Family. The owner, I was told is a professional photographer which explains the awesome photography. The exotic interiors kinda makes you feel you are in Arabic country.

The price we received from the manager for this last minute planned getaway was very reasonable, especially with the free upgrade to the princess suite. The interiors were yet again simply and the bathroom..... oh so spacious!! The restaurant food was good and inexpensive, though had a limited menu. and although we knew that this place does not serve alcohol, the manager kindly allowed us to bring in our own bottle of wine. ...........friendly staff!!

Another great advantage is that it is located in the centre of stone town, allowing us to walk freely in all the alleys of this historic town, and a must to do is experience the beautiful sunsets that can be see best when you are on the west coast which is stone town. The only problem was that it was raining all the time.

Will definately stay there again!

Joana almeida, Nairobi,Kenya

Room Tip: the princess suite definately.
Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
JAFFERJI, Owner at Jafferji House & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for the time you have taken to post this review following your recent stay at the Jafferji House and Spa , which will indeed help all travellers to know what to expect in our hotel!

We would also like to inform that we will be updating and changing our menu in July and many other additional varieties will be added up.

Its a shame it was raining here when you visited as next time you should opt for sandbank picnic, full day on sandbank and a trip to prison island as well, this will enhance your stay in Stone Town and on your next stay with us, may I suggest that you experience one of our Superior Dulex Suite such as Jafferji Sultan Suite, which are more than generously spacious and worthy of the title! Besides more room to relax in peace and privacy, these rooms also include: bathrobes, bottled mineral water, WIFI and a complimentary canapes and cocktails at six o clock on daily basis.

I sincerely hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the Jafferji House and Spa sometime in the future.

Regards

#4 of 33 in Stone Town
Dhow Palace Hotel
Dhow Palace Hotel
#13 of 33 in Stone Town

Been to Jafferji House & Spa? Share your experiences!