“A relaxed simple place to watch the sunset”
Review of Travellers Cafe

Travellers Cafe
Ranked #23 of 77 Restaurants in Stone Town
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Tasting food, refreshing drinks and a nice terrace with fantastic view on the Ocean.Intimate place, informal friendly atmosphere.
Sydney
“A relaxed simple place to watch the sunset”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We enjoyed the chilled out vibe here. Don't expect anything fancy - it's more about enjoying the view, watching the locals play soccer below, and having a simple bowl of pasta.

• Visited December 2013

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Little hide away cafe”
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

My local friend bought me here for lunch on our day trip to stone town from nungwi, after much shopping before Christmas, we headed towards this little hide away cafe called travellers cafe for lunch. It was not until I stepped into the cafe itself did I realize we have arrived because it didn't look like there would be anything in this little path, it reviewed this nice looking cafe with a stunning view!! We sat down and ordered some drinks and they bought some bread sticks and breads for the table which not many restaurants here do as a complimentary basis. I had a beef lasagne, it took quite some time to prepare but with a stunning view ahead of you and the bread for the table, we didn't mind alittle wait, it was a good meal! Good value.

Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
“The Beauty of Travellers Cafe”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I have been there with my family for Lunch, it was my husband birthday, the food, drinks was very nice, and staff make our day fantastic.

• Visited December 2013
Cork, Ireland
“Abismal service”
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I arrived in Stone Town today on our honeymoon, we decided to go for a stroll in the evening and get something to eat. As we don't really know our way around yet we didn't venture too far from our hotel, the Tembo House Hotel.

We stumbled upon the Travellers Cafe which is down a side street and is beside the sea. There was a nice crowd in there and it looked to be a really nice place...then we met our waiter!!

I asked for a table for two, he stared at me blankly. I thought maybe he didn't understand me because of my accent, so I tried again. At this point he rolled his eyes and rudely pointed at a table in front of him, it seemed like we were just an annoyance to him.

The menu looked to be nice, plenty of seafood and some nice sounding Pasta dishes. My wife ordered a pasta dish and I was thinking of ordering the grilled Kingfish. I've never had Kingfish before so I asked our waiter what kind of fish was it like, and was it a white fish. Both fairly reasonable questions I think. He looked at me as if I was something stuck to the bottom of his shoe and just kept saying 'grilled, it's grilled'. My wife asked if she could have French fries instead of salad with her pasta and he just said 'no' that the pasta only comes with salad...we asked if we could get a side order of fries which again he said no to...to be honest both of us were in complete and utter shock at how we were being treated.

My wife and I have had a few bad experiences in restaurants (not many mind you, I could count them on one hand), but this topped them all. I have never been treated with such distain and contempt by anybody in the service industry. My wife and I have never once walked out of a restaurant, but tonight that changed.

We returned to our hotel with out blood boiling and our first taste of Stone Town and Zanzibar leaving a very sour taste. Thankfully we had a gorgeous meal at our hotel, where the service was excellent and we also had a lovely beach side table.

In short, my wife and I have 3 more days in Stone Town and if we were offered free dinner and drinks in Travellers Cafe for the rest of our stay we'd turn it down.

zanzibar
“My little happy get away place”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Try as I might to find good basic food with friendly service and a stunning view Im always left unimpressed elsewhere...

This little haven may have the odd short comings , but we love this little reason for happiness !!
.I along with countless guests and friends frequent Traveller's Cafe .It is one cafe we can count on for friendly service and consistent food quality. Affordable to every budget.

We never hesitate to recommend Traveller's Cafe