I wish to share my experience in dhow palace hotel in stone town. together with my wife we stayed for 2 nights. the room and bathroom is clean, breakfast is quite bad, the way how it is presented does not make you feel very safe about cleanliness. the inner part of the hotel creates echo and in the late evening and early morning the citchen staff create an enourmous noise, apparently a clear lack of discipline. If you can not sleep in noisy environment then your night will be short.
Be careful. Hotel staff is stealing: When we packed our luggage before departure I recognized that a glass jar with a cork cover was lacking. This jar was not locked in the suitecase and has no commercial value but of importance to me. As I new exactly where I had put it I called the reception informing them that it has been stolen. After some hassle which I skip finally the manager was involved and he asked me for half an hour time with follow up. Within the promised time he returned telling me that the cleaning lady had taken it !!! and it in her locker !!! She will come early in the morning and will give it back.
- Hotel staff is stealing, be careful, even non valuable things, do lock everything away or do not stay here
- Follow up by management is excellent. I could not believe my eyes when the stolen good was returned in the morning.
A strange, tanzanian experience.
If not for the theft I would have given a 'satisfying' note. finally: location is good
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dhow Palace is an elegant, boutique hotel in the heart of historic Stone Town, close to all amenities, shops and restaurants. Furnished extensively with antiques in a truly Zanzibar style, this 150 year old graceful building has been modernised to take care of all your desires.The hotel offers an open-air interior courtyard with a spacious swimming pool and snack bar, where guests can relax and unwind in peaceful privacy. Bask in the sun on our serene roof top terrace where you can enjoy delicious local and international cuisine and tropical refreshments. The roof top terrace is an idyllic place to watch life unfold in the busy Stone Town streets below, or to witness the remarkable sunsets on this romantic island. Dhow Palace is a place to find tranquility, eat well and become wrapped up in the best of Zanzibar culture. Many of our rooms have balconies overlooking the peaceful interior courtyard and swimming pool; all have traditional Swahili beds, air conditioning and many other facilities, including cable television and hotspot wireless internet. Let the Dhow Palace sail you through your holiday whilst you enjoy the blissful climate and explore the history and culture that this beautiful island has to offer. Location and amenities:The Dhow Palace Hotel is conveniently situated in central Stone Town, close to the shops, markets and restaurants. The Dhow is also within easy access of Zanzibar's awe-inspiring beaches, watersports, excursions and historical attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Jovago.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dhow Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dhow Palace Hotel Zanzibar Island/Stone Town