I was pleasantly surprised by this small traditional African boutique hotel. It was right on the ocean with beautiful views, however the beach was littered with garbage that had washed up. I was a single person at the hotel and I felt very safe. I was well attended, the concierge (Dida Talu) was friendly and very helpful. The day trip I took on a Dhow was one of the most memorable snorkeling, fine dining and sailing experiences I have been on. Mtoni Marine rooms are very roomy, the staff are warm and friendly and the food was great. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mtoni Marine is located on the west coast of Zanzibar, 10 minutes north of Stone Town and neighboring the legendary Mtoni Palace. This laid back and family friendly hotel is the ideal location from which to explore Stone Town and the rest of the island, while providing a peaceful retreat from it all. The hotel offers great facilities including a newly built infinity pool, a variety of restaurants and entertainment,Spa,The neighboring Mtoni Palace where Princess Salme was born and the perfect setting for Zanzibar weddings! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Ebookers so you can book your Mtoni Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mtoni Marine Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Hotel Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Hotel Zanzibar Island/Stone Town