A good place to stay in. Beautiful surroundings.
Sadly our room got broken into while were out. £350 and 50,000T/sh got taken. We had left it in the safe and had the key on us all the time. Obviously someone used or had a spare key. I suspect it happens alot there, and not everyone counts their money on leaving, hence the thief took "a little" as to not arise suspicion.
We reported this to the Management who really could not do much. We were offered a free stay for two, which is no good to us as we had come to the end of our holiday in Zanzibar, and we live over 4000 miles away in UK!
However, it was a tranquil place, sadly infested with mosquitoes (which cannot be helped) and the kids enjoyed the swimming pool and the freedom too run around the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mtoni Marine is located on the west coast of Zanzibar, 10 minutes north of Stone Town and neighboring the legendary Mtoni Palace. This laid back and family friendly hotel is the ideal location from which to explore Stone Town and the rest of the island, while providing a peaceful retreat from it all. The hotel offers great facilities including a newly built infinity pool, a variety of restaurants and entertainment,Spa,The neighboring Mtoni Palace where Princess Salme was born and the perfect setting for Zanzibar weddings! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mtoni Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mtoni Marine Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Hotel Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Hotel Zanzibar Island/Stone Town