I would highly recommend Mtoni Marine for longer stays, and for family travel. It doesn't lack for any comforts - but don't expect any bells and whistles. This is great for families, the corporate traveler, and for longer stays. It is quiet - which you will not get in stonetown- the food is local soul food, there is a fun, all natural spice and herb-based spa on the grounds, the pool is large and overlooks the ocean.
The style is a bit passe - but it is clean and the property is well maintained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mtoni Marine is located on the west coast of Zanzibar, 10 minutes north of Stone Town and neighboring the legendary Mtoni Palace. This laid back and family friendly hotel is the ideal location from which to explore Stone Town and the rest of the island, while providing a peaceful retreat from it all. The hotel offers great facilities including a newly built infinity pool, a variety of restaurants and entertainment,Spa,The neighboring Mtoni Palace where Princess Salme was born and the perfect setting for Zanzibar weddings! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mtoni Marine Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mtoni Marine Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Hotel Stone Town
- Mtoni Marine Hotel Zanzibar Island/Stone Town