Unfortunately we were hugely disappointed with our stay at Chavda. The hotel has so much potential (it is a huge building, the rooms are massive, rooftop restaurant with a decent sunset view, leaves you with the impression that with a bit of effort and time, the place could be spectacular) but unfortunately there was no evidence of any management at this place or any desire to make it into a good hotel.
1) one of the guys on reception was friendly and helped us with our queries - finding a pharmacy etc;
2) good central location;
3) wifi throughout.
1) rooms are big but dated. Bathroom needs revamping (even more dated than the room itself) and wasn't very nice.
2) breakfast was one of the worst we had across Tanzania - no fresh juice, despite there only seeming to be 4 guests in the hotel, there was no cutlery - simple things but when you are paying a fair amount of money for bed and breakfast, it is the small things that make a difference. Similarly in the evening, the rooftop bar could be a great place to hang out - the view is great.
Unfortunately the hotel doesn't seem interested in making this a nice place to spend time - the staff were watching tv, no music, fairly indifferent to us being there.
We have nothing to compare this hotel to in Stone Town - but we assume you can get something better for your money than we felt we were getting here.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Chavda Hotel Ltd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chavda Hotel Stone Town
- Chavda Hotel Ltd Zanzibar Island/Stone Town