We stayed at the Zanzibar Palace Hotel for one night only on our way back to Dar es Salaam. It is in a very convenient central location for easy access on foot to the centre of Stone Town.
Access by car would be tricky through narrow winding alleys.
It is historical/ old but in good condition and very interesting. We had a family room on the top floor. It was traditional arabic in design and decor, but contained all modern conveniences and the quality of the decor and fitments was very high.
The professionalism and helpfulness of the manager and all the staff was impressive. We felt very welcome. We can definitely recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel is a luxurious nine room boutique hotel located right in the heart of Stone Town (an Unesco World Heritage site). It is independently owned and daily under Dutch management and an ideal home to explore and experience all the beauties of this magical town and Island. Zanzibar's rich history is integrated throughout the hotel by Arabian, Indian and English designs, this in combination with all modern comfort (airco, free WiFi, flatscreen TV's, etc). Each room/suite has its own unique decor with many local originating antique pieces of furniture, magical beds, colourful silks, etc. Room rates for every purse definitely makes this a place to stay. As you walk through the front door, you notice the soft aqua blue interior colours along with the antique furniture. You are immediately put into a state of calm and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Zanzibar Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Palace Stone Town
- Hotel Zanzibar Palace
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel Zanzibar Island/Stone Town