Arrived at the ZPH and had a very pleasant lunch shortly after our arrival. We found all the staff very attentive and helpful and who were able to put us in touch with a local guide who walked us round the places of interest ie market, slave chamber, house of wonders etc and also gave us a short history of Zanzibar.
We stayed in the 'Farizah' room which was tastefully decorated in the old colonial style and would have liked to have stayed longer but were tied to our flight times. We would certainly recommend this hotel to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel is a luxurious nine room boutique hotel located right in the heart of Stone Town (an Unesco World Heritage site). It is independently owned and daily under Dutch management and an ideal home to explore and experience all the beauties of this magical town and Island. Zanzibar's rich history is integrated throughout the hotel by Arabian, Indian and English designs, this in combination with all modern comfort (airco, free WiFi, flatscreen TV's, etc). Each room/suite has its own unique decor with many local originating antique pieces of furniture, magical beds, colourful silks, etc. Room rates for every purse definitely makes this a place to stay. As you walk through the front door, you notice the soft aqua blue interior colours along with the antique furniture. You are immediately put into a state of calm and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and HotelsClick so you can book your Zanzibar Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Palace Stone Town
- Hotel Zanzibar Palace
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel Zanzibar Island/Stone Town