We stayed 2 nights in early March this year, I specifically chose this hotel for the room with the open view bathroom.
Being on honeymoon and after a week on safari with canvas tents, this hotel was beyond luxurious - beautifully decorated with old wooden furniture, colourful lamps, cushions and drapes, it truly gives a feeling of being in an ancient Arabic palace. The bed was huge and very comfortable, positioned on tall pillars, so you have to climb up using those decorative chests on either side - like in the old films of a Thousand and one Arabic nights! The roof-top bathroom where you are showering while observing the dhows passing by in the harbour - it was absolutely spectacular! Highly recommend for honeymooners.
Both nights it was raining at night and early morning; by the time we finished breakfast it was mostly sunny again, and the city felt clean and washed.
The breakfast was tasty. We didn't eat dinner at the hotel, as the food there was mostly western, and we were craving for curry. This is probably the only suggestion I would offer - to make the dinner choices more elaborate and varied, as we were keen to eat in the hotel the night we arrived.
There were no mosquitos, even though the net was provided.
Hotel was quiet, located in a fairly quiet street close to harbour, there was music heard from far away, but it was not disturbing.
The hotel management is very polite and attentive, the staff is friendly and helpful.
We very much enjoyed our stay at the Zanzibar Palace!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel is a luxurious nine room boutique hotel located right in the heart of Stone Town (an Unesco World Heritage site). It is independently owned and daily under Dutch management and an ideal home to explore and experience all the beauties of this magical town and Island. Zanzibar's rich history is integrated throughout the hotel by Arabian, Indian and English designs, this in combination with all modern comfort (airco, free WiFi, flatscreen TV's, etc). Each room/suite has its own unique decor with many local originating antique pieces of furniture, magical beds, colourful silks, etc. Room rates for every purse definitely makes this a place to stay. As you walk through the front door, you notice the soft aqua blue interior colours along with the antique furniture. You are immediately put into a state of calm and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Easy Market Spa, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Zanzibar Palace Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Palace Stone Town
- Hotel Zanzibar Palace
- Zanzibar Palace Hotel Zanzibar Island/Stone Town