“Awesome! Stay here! ”

Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Stone Town
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome! Stay here! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, reasonably priced, tasty food in the restaurant (try the coconut crab soup - amazing) and super helpful staff who were brilliant when our flights were cancelled.

Would wholeheartedly recommend a stay here if you're in stone town.

Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank angrydave

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kigali, Rwanda
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Me and my Husband stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon.I can say that this is a well managed note in great location,it was easy for us to do all our activities and have great evenings walks,and close to the amazing forodhani garden.
The staffs were very helpful and room was regular cleaned.The breakfast is nice but not everything on the menu is available.
I recommend this hotel !!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mbabazi A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have just returned from 3 months in Africa. As we made our way out of Tanzania, we spent 6 nights in Zanzibar, 3 of which were in the Beyt al Salaam. As we were in the period of "Ramadan" things were a little different, as in a little quieter, we had a wonderful time. Zanzibar is steeped in history, has a multitude of places to stay, places to eat, & was very safe & friendly. We thoroughly recommend the Beyt al Salaam as a place to rest & eat, the food was excellent, the staff also were very helpful, polite, & friendly. It is also in a good position within Stonetown, to walk to other points of interest. The staff, Khalab, Janet, Maria, Sonya, & the beautiful Bianca were all friendly & helpful.........Regards to all G&S Dillon Australia

Room Tip: Any room , they are all good.......how much money do you want to spend ?
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Meg D
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I traveled to Zanzibar for the first time and stayed at this amazing hotel, during a business trip. My gosh! The staff and people in Zanzibar are incredibly friendly and hospitable. The owner of the hotel Samuel and his wife, personally make you feel like they are hosting you in their home. The manager, was incredibly polite and made sure my driver was waiting at the airport even though I arrived 3 hours late due to delays. The room is spacious with a bathroom I absolutely adored. Clean and the bed was huge! The 9 days there felt like home. The restaurant has the yummiest veggie meals and it is definitely a place I would recommend. Asante Sana Beyt Salaam!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ChestyM90
Astoria, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We popped in for late dinner and received excellent service. The coconut crab soup is the best I ever had and it is served in fresh coconut shell. The tuna steak fried in sesame was simply delicious and the chef made me a pilau with chicken upon my request as I wanted to try this famous local dish. Wonderful restaurant and great location in Keleke square. After dinner highly suggest you walk across the street and check out Serena hotel and have a night cap by the pool.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katerinoula2013
Barbados
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My husband and I travel to Zanzibar stone town regularly and we had stayed many different hotels in stone town. I can say this is very good hotel in good location. Hotel is small boutique hotel but it offers everything. The room was spacious and the bathroom was newly renovated. I was told that now hotel has new management team and the level of service and facilities are much better than before.. The room has safety box, mini refridgrator ( these are must have list for me ). Internet was very fast and Air conditioner was working so well until I felt cold !.. The bed was so comfortable and I noticed that it is high quality. I really liked that hotel is using key card instead of old style key which is not safe. The breakfast was very good. And we had morocan chicken and paella for dinner. It was so good we ended up going there again and again. I strongly sugget you to make a booking with time... Food will be ready for you without waiting for long time because the restaurant can be very busy sometime.

General Manager Mr. Samuel Bond and his wife Mrs. Jenny Bond were so kind and taking care of our stay everyday. My husband and I felt very comfortable during our stay. Surely we will go back to stay there..

Room Tip: Ask for room with renovated bathroom
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KandZ2
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We had a wonderful room, lovely furnitured, spacious, beautiful bathroom and a quiet but effective air condition. It felt like being in an arabian fairy tale.
Staff was helpful and serviceminded, food in the restaurant was great!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank annikka
Beyt A, Manager at Beyt Al Salaam, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Annikka

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience at Beyt Al Salaam boutique hotel. We are very pleased indeed that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the dinner at our restaurant. Beyt Al Salaam is part of the hotel group that also includes Doubletree by Hilton Resort Zanzibar Nungwi and Doubletree by Hilton Dar es Salaam and we look forward to welcoming you to one of our hotels in the future.

With warm regards