to me it is impossible to believe this place got "best hotel" prize from tripadvisor for 2013... I will tell what happened, decide for yourself. (I can prove all, since I complained to Visa and to my bank with proper documents as well). After reading reviews in tripadvisor, I booked the place through a website for 3 nights. It was said that they take credit cards but when I arrived I learned that it is with 5% extra charge -acceptable- but we've never been able to finish to process (wait for the assistant manager who never comes) so I paid in cash. But after seeing the location which is on the wrong side of the port, (industrialized area, away from the stone town action, but to be fair, easy to find) I decided to stay only for 2 nights. My booking was for 3 night, with the regular price so no special discount and I had made the booking with booking guarantee. I paid in cash for 2 nights, all seemed fine, then just when I was going out the receptionist told me that I had to send an email to the manager to inform him that I had cancelled. she also said that I could do it anytime, no hurry. This, being Africa, I decided not to go out, went to my room, took my computer to terrace, tried to connect to internet -which is "high speed" only sometimes- and sent the email from the email account I had used to arrange the pick-up. It bounced back. I used another email address and it went perfectly. Then I received a message saying that I was supposed to arrive 1 day before and I hadn't cancelled on time so they charged my credit card. I explained them that this is a digital world, and I arrived on the day I was supposed to arrive. I had both the reservation and the receipt to prove this with the dates. 3rd day, the day I cancelled was more than 48h later and I hadn't used any promotion. Then things got weirder. 1. they've informed me that their cancellation policy is different from the website's that I booked and if it is made for 3 or 5 days that's it. You pay. BUT in the meantime I discovered they've also charged my credit card as if I didn't show up because the website I booked wouldn't allow them to charge for the 3rd night. The "manager" thought this was fair game. I had booked for 3 nights and if I am cancelling the third night, he would get it this way. Since I had my receipt with the date that proves that I was there and paid at the time he says I was no-show, now it is up to credit card company to decide. 2. this is, to me, worse. Since they had put me as no-show, I wasn't able to write an official complaint to the website I used for the booking -but I had informed them in every step. When I said I was going to write about this they've send me an email saying that "they don't want to have to charge my card again". this I consider as a subtle threat and I do not respond well to bullying. I changed hotels. for now, they got away with it. They took the money for the night I haven't stayed -their prices are not low for Tanzania, and it is the kind of money I rather not waste. Now it might have been on their right not to let me cancel last part of my stay, at that point I would take it to the website since I had their cancellation policy (that I had paid some extra money in case something like this happens). But they way the hotel handled, took the money with cheating -this is not a 2013 tripadvisor winner. I can give worse details about the hotel but I won't. I won't use any opinions in this message just facts. These are what I can prove with emails and documents. Now it is up to you to decide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Princess Salme Inn is a bed and breakfast hotel perfect for travellers looking to see Zanzibar for less. When you're out and about all day, a comfy bed and hearty breakfast are all you need! So book Princess Salme Inn, a bed and breakfast in Stone Town Zanzibar where you pay less and sleep well. Princess Salme Inn is a simple but comfortable bed and breakfast hotel in Stone Town growing incorporating its customer needs. It is in an old Arabic mansion with traditional touches. The hotel has remained one of the cleanest in the area and still maintains the lowest rates in town. Our team will assist planning and recommending tours, transfers and even safaris ... .. Our rooms are simple with the highest level of cleanness. We have variety of rooms to suite your needs and budget, and leaving you satisfied at the end. From Backpackers to Honeymooners, from cheap / budget customers to mid-range customers. The rooms are naturally decorated in Zanzibarian style with traditional Zanzibar beds. We are working hard to bridge the gap between client satisfaction and management perception of good service. Your honest reviews even if they are bad and good ones, all help us grow better. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com and Agoda so you can book your Princess Salme Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Salme Hotel Stone Town
- Princess Salme Inn Zanzibar Island/Stone Town