We absolutely loved this hotel. It is only a five minute walk from the ferry (although you do have to look for it well as we found no sign, just ask around I'd say, no use for a taxi if you arrive by ferry). We stayed here before and after our trip to the north of Zanzibar, and stayed a few days each time.
It was decently priced (47 USD for double room with bathroom) for a nice, clean room. There was AC and a vent, the shower included a shampoo and soap dispenser and there was a small safe. And a comfy bed! The staff is very friendly and helpful and they make the most lovely breakfast (I never left the breakfast table hungry). They also help if you want to take any kind of tour around the island.
There is also free WIFI, but you can only access it on the roof or on the top floor. We also saw a tv on the roof, although we did not use it, so I have no idea whether or not it works. But you'll have enough to do in Stone Town instead of watching tv, anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Princess Salme Inn is a bed and breakfast hotel perfect for travellers looking to see Zanzibar for less. When you're out and about all day, a comfy bed and hearty breakfast are all you need! So book Princess Salme Inn, a bed and breakfast in Stone Town Zanzibar where you pay less and sleep well. Princess Salme Inn is a simple but comfortable bed and breakfast hotel in Stone Town growing incorporating its customer needs. It is in an old Arabic mansion with traditional touches. The hotel has remained one of the cleanest in the area and still maintains the lowest rates in town. Our team will assist planning and recommending tours, transfers and even safaris ... .. Our rooms are simple with the highest level of cleanness. We have variety of rooms to suite your needs and budget, and leaving you satisfied at the end. From Backpackers to Honeymooners, from cheap / budget customers to mid-range customers. The rooms are naturally decorated in Zanzibarian style with traditional Zanzibar beds. We are working hard to bridge the gap between client satisfaction and management perception of good service. Your honest reviews even if they are bad and good ones, all help us grow better. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Jovago.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Princess Salme Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Salme Hotel Stone Town
- Princess Salme Inn Zanzibar Island/Stone Town