Karibu Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Tausi Palace Hotel(Stone Town)
  • Restaurant
Al Minar(Stone Town)
  • Breakfast included
Coco De Mer Hotel(Stone Town)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Dhow Palace Hotel(Stone Town)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbasic accommodationtwin roomdar eshot showermin walkbedsheartstonetownwifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2013

A clean and comfortable place with hot water showers. Remember to ask the reception to turn the heat on 30 min beforehand. Recommendable lowbudget hotel right next to the wonderful Forodhani food market.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2013

we stayed at this hotel before moving to the next hotel, to be honest this is terrible place to avoid, actual the day we were check in it was not warm welcome at all the guy on the reception desk were so rude' he gave us the room but has no windows no sheet the mosquito net was very shabby we asked him and he sayed if you don't want go some where else, then we dicided to move on the other one i can not recommend this hotel to any one, just go there and you will see it by your self.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

We had a dreadful experience here and ended up leaving and finding another hotel. We arrived late, the receptionist asked for cash up front and then refused to give us a receipt! When we insisted he became aggressive and abusive. Then he told us there were no sheets available as they were still in the drier! The place looked dirty and run down. Do yourself a favour, spend a little more and stay in one of the many lovely guesthouses in stone town. This is not one of them!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 15 May 2013

The Karibu Inn was a centrally located guest house in Stone Town. I found it to be quite clean and comfortable. Nothing fancy but we did have an airconditioner which helped us sleep as it was humid.

We were also able to walk to and from the night food market.

A great place for a brief stopover in Stone Town.

Room Tip: If you have heavy bags try an avoid being on a high floor as the steps can get a bit hairy!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I spent one night here in August 2009, before I continued on to the beach.
I was traveling solo (I'm a female) and I wanted a place that was cheap but safe, where I had my own room and ensuite bathroom. This place was perfect for my needs. It was affordable, clean enough, and felt safe. There were mostly backpacker-type travelers staying there. The receptionist helped me arrange to ride on a bus to the beaches the following day.
This hotel has a good location in the heart of stonetown.
Overall, the room was very bare, nothing to write home about, but it was a good value and met my needs.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo