Right in the heart of Stonetown and handy to the sights and waterfront once you know how to orientate your way around the alleyways. The building is well presented and really gives you a sense of the history of the place. I thought the coffees were average and a couple of the staff members weren't particularly friendly compared to the other places I stayed at in Tanzania. I had a comfortable nights sleep and overall the stay was OK. Tip - for lunch or a few drinks head to the Rooftop of the Swahili House next door for a great view of the town and coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel offers a touch of magic and romance in an authentic Arabic house deep in the heart of Stone Town. Transformed into a stylish hotel with harmonious interiors, antiques and rich fabrics, it is one of the oldest buildings in Zanzibar constructed by the Wazir to Sultan Said Bargash in 1885. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Zanzibar Coffee House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel Stone Town
- Zanzibar Coffee Hotel
- Hotel Zanzibar Coffee
- Zanzibar Coffee House Zanzibar Island/Stone Town