We stayed a few nights in the coffee house before travelling to the beach. On return to Stone Town we stayed at the coffee house again for a couple of nights because we enjoyed it so much. I would normally try somewhere new so that says it all. The staff are extremely friendly - always greeting us and chatting with us - and they were always very helpful in the case of a problem or question. The night watchman is also very friendly and very concerned for the safety and security of the guests - often ensuring that our bags were carried in front of us and that we knew where we were going. Contrary to an older review we found the staff very open to bartering and we did get quite a lot of money off our room given that it was low season. This was honoured the second time we stayed as well. The room was very clean and comfortable and although our bathroom was separate it was very clean, spacious and beautifully decorated. The atmosphere is very relaxed. The breakfast (which is included in the cost of the room) is very good and there is a great view from the roof terrace where it is served. I strongly recommend the coffee house as a place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel offers a touch of magic and romance in an authentic Arabic house deep in the heart of Stone Town. Transformed into a stylish hotel with harmonious interiors, antiques and rich fabrics, it is one of the oldest buildings in Zanzibar constructed by the Wazir to Sultan Said Bargash in 1885. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Zanzibar Coffee House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zanzibar Coffee House Hotel Stone Town
- Zanzibar Coffee Hotel
- Hotel Zanzibar Coffee
- Zanzibar Coffee House Zanzibar Island/Stone Town