“Romantic little Spanish hideaway hidden amongst bustling Stone Town”

Taperia Wine & Tapas Bar - Deli
Ranked #11 of 77 Restaurants in Stone Town
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Rochester, New York
“Romantic little Spanish hideaway hidden amongst bustling Stone Town”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We went 2 times during our 3 day stay. Amazing Mojitos and great Mocktails for my daughter and mother. Many free bites even for Vegetarians like ourselves, Cheeses, fresh breads, and steamed and spiced veggies. YUM YUM. Wine vat tables, topped with candles, on the long second story patio. Great service!

Visited May 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Stone Town, Tanzania
“Chilled and funky atmosphere, friendly staff, awesome food and drink”
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

The title pretty much explains it all, but this is my current favorite place in stone town - as well as the regular menu, be sure to check out the special menu and don't be afraid to ask for recommendations!

I am a big fan of the deli that is also on the premises, he first and (currently) only deli on the island. They are more than happy to make a sandwich and bring it through to the main restaurant/bar for you. I am always very happy, nay delighted, with the service and cannot recommend this place highly enough. If I could give it a rating of 6 out of 5, I would!

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Best place in Zanzibar”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Right in the heart of Stone Town, Zanzibar is this hidden away gem. I visited 7 days after its grand opening. I had my doubts when I heard of this place… tapas in africa?! hmmm. I was pleasantly blown away. I didn't even think I would be able to have pork in Zanzibar as it is majority muslim. There was pork and lots of it. Everything I had here was amazing. The drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic where to die for. The Ginger ice tea and the hibiscus drinks where beyond delightful. The sangria was fabulous. I am drooling just thinking of this place.

• Visited March 2014