We stayed for 1 night prior to departing to Bwindi for our Gorilla trek and I’m so glad we did. I thought we might be restricted with regards to game drives with only staying the one evening but couldn’t have been more wrong.
Our Safari guide was Ben from Wild Frontiers and he was amazing. His experience and extensive knowledge regarding the African bush made our safari here one we’ll never forget. He made it educational yet so much fun, we packed in hours of game drives and with 20 minutes to spare before leaving the park he managed to locate the magnificent Tree Climbing Lions!!!! – THANK YOU BEN!
Back at the camp, our tent (No. 5) was immaculate and looked out onto the Ntungwe River – very peaceful.
The food was excellent and all the staff were friendly and helpful.
If you’re thinking of Gorilla trekking, can thoroughly recommend combining it with a stay at Ishasha Wilderness Camp.
(Booked via XA! African Wildlife Safari’s – a fantastic and faultless African safari company).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each of the ten spacious framed canvas rooms, situated in the wooded area besides the river, is comfortably furnished and with its own private en suite bathroom and dressing area providing running water, solar hot water 'bush' showers and a flushing eco-friendly toilet. We also offer "Fly-in" safari packages which include transportation to and from nearby airstrips as well as game drives and other activities included within the rates. Please inquire with us for more details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Ishasha Wilderness Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ishasha Wilderness Camp Hotel Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Ishasha Wilderness Camp Uganda/Queen Elizabeth National Park