My husband and I had a 50-person safari wedding at IWC this past December where we booked the entire camp for accommodations, ceremony and reception. Words do not exist that can describe how incredible the experience was. The manager, Jane, is exceptionally gifted at paying close attention to every detail, resulting in the most relaxing, well-run "camp" you can imagine. Indeed, "camp" is hardly the right word to describe IWC: as other reviews mention, the accommodations provide the height of comfort, the food (all meals of the day) is plentiful and delicious, and the staff are true friends by the end of your stay.
As a vacation spot, I cannot recommend it highly enough. As far as hosting a wedding there, it provided the perfect combination of class and wilderness that we were looking for. The ceremony by the riverbank under an acacia tree, about a three minutes' walk from the main lodge. The camp provided cool drinks at the ceremony site, and for the reception at the main lodge, the camp arranged all of the tables and seating, the dance area, a cocktail and appetizers area on a veranda by the river, an outdoor lounge just beside the dance floor, and a fire on the same veranda by the veranda at the end of the evening.
The natural beauty of the camp's location and its tasteful decorations mean that very, very little decoration is required or even recommended. We brought a sparse few additional table decorations (table runners, our own vases, guest favors, and family candle holders) and speakers for dancing, but that was it. Basically, if you have IWC running everything, your safari wedding would have incredible food, naturally beautiful decorations and the most stunning ceremony backdrop and reception location you could wish for. Your guests would also, of course, have time in Queen Elizabeth National Park, famous as the home of Uganda's tree-climbing lions, and much other game besides.
The place itself is magnificent and every interaction we had with the staff was excellent. I cannot recommend IWC highly enough, either for a visit or to host your special day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each of the ten spacious framed canvas rooms, situated in the wooded area besides the river, is comfortably furnished and with its own private en suite bathroom and dressing area providing running water, solar hot water 'bush' showers and a flushing eco-friendly toilet. We also offer "Fly-in" safari packages which include transportation to and from nearby airstrips as well as game drives and other activities included within the rates. Please inquire with us for more details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Ishasha Wilderness Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ishasha Wilderness Camp Hotel Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Ishasha Wilderness Camp Uganda/Queen Elizabeth National Park