This is a really unique place to stay - a very memorable experience! Their 10 tented dwellings are pretty much right on the river, so you hear the flow of the water constantly. It's very unique and relaxing. They even set up the dinner tables near the river so you could really enjoy the experience. The service was excellent, the maanger terrific, and the food very good - they even did a good job with the vegetarian options! So much so that the carnivores wanted them!
The only downside is spotty internet service and no outlets in the rooms. Also, taking a hot/warm shower can be a bit of a challenge - par for the course in a venue like this.
Notably, we went on a game drive and saw a bunch of lions sleeping in the trees in the afternoon - it was a fabulous! Definitely consider this options if you're in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Each of the ten spacious framed canvas rooms, situated in the wooded area besides the river, is comfortably furnished and with its own private en suite bathroom and dressing area providing running water, solar hot water 'bush' showers and a flushing eco-friendly toilet. We also offer "Fly-in" safari packages which include transportation to and from nearby airstrips as well as game drives and other activities included within the rates. Please inquire with us for more details. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Ishasha Wilderness Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ishasha Wilderness Camp Hotel Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Ishasha Wilderness Camp Uganda/Queen Elizabeth National Park