An outstanding tented camp in the grounds of the Southern Sector of the Queen Elizabeth National Park.
First greeting was a big bull elephant feeding at the river as I arrived. I was the only guest in this camp, and the service was flawless. I stayed 1 night in May '14.
The permanent tents are good size, typical ECO style, but comfortable, clean and spacious. The Winner is each tent has its own view of the river, where despite being there only one night, watched colobus monkeys, baboons, and elephant as if they were at my command.
Food was outstanding quality and more than enough. I felt I had been fattened up to be fed to the lions :)
Winnie and Mark who manage the establishment were great to meet and dine with, the evening watching the fireflies and stars over a fire and drink.
1 night was not enough, and despite seeing the tree climbing lions, leopard and plenty of elephant definitely have Ishasha Wilderness Camp on my "am coming back" to list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury, eco-friendly camp located in Uganda's Queen Elizabeth National Park - famous for its tree climbing lions. It is an idyllic retreat for people who truly enjoy the wilderness. Being within the park the wildlife is free to also pass through the camp and elephants can be seen bathing in the river, buffalo enjoy grazing and resident troops of Black-and-White Colobus and vervet monkeys are frequently viewed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Ishasha Wilderness Camp - Queen Elizabeth National Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ishasha Wilderness Camp Hotel Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Ishasha Wilderness Camp - Queen Elizabeth National Park Uganda