I stayed at Simba Safari Camp with a group of 23 school children and 8 adults. The dorms were perfect for large groups and helpfully were split in to two so girls and boys could be separated.
The adults stayed in either single or twin lodges. These were very comfortable and the showers ran warm for the majority of the time. Not something I can say of any accommodation I have stayed in outside of Kampala. The lodges all have a private veranda which is protected from the elements in even the heaviest of downpours.
As we were a large group we were provided with buffet style food in the restaurant. All the meals were of a very good standard and the staff were very helpful.
We all felt very welcome at Simba Safari Camp and had a very relaxing couple of days. The grounds are extensive and in parts have great views out towards the national park. There is a lovely outside area around an open fire that proved to be a great spot to unwind at the end of a long day.
I would highly recommend this place for groups and would definitely return with my family to stay in any of the lodges. Thanks for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Simba Safari Camp is a safari accommodation on the border of Queen Elizabeth National Park and only 2 km from the equator. Located on a hill it offers spectacular views of Lake George, the Kazinga Channel and the savannah plains teemed with wildlife. The camp offers 11 spacious rooms with en suite facilities and private verandas, as well as 4 dormitory rooms and a campsite. A restaurant and well-stocked bar are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Simba Safari Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Simba Safari Camp Hotel Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Simba Safari Camp Uganda/Queen Elizabeth National Park