“What a find!”

Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Mirepoix
Price range: US$17 - US$38
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
France
“What a find!”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We knew that the Antika had been sold and that it was being "done up" by a new owner. When it opened we gave it a try at lunchtime. It was so good that a second visit was needed to be sure. The evening meal five days later was even better. I'd give it four and a half stars (if I could) because the first two courses were excellent but I couldn't rate the sweets as I didn't have one. Nice light Salade Italienne followed by the best entrecôte steak I've had in France in seven years of residence. With an excellent bottle of red Corbières which I picked in the cellar and carried to the table myself - a nice idea. Very friendly service. We started the meal outside but soon had to de-camp to the inside as the mozzies were out in force - it has been a very wet spring. Let's hope they all buzz off when the hot weather arrives.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Chris S

Dun, Ariege
“Mirepoix's newest restaurant”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Open for a few weeks on the same site as the old L'Antika, L'autre Jardin fills the gap between Ciel D'Or and the rest in Mirepoix. 3 starters , 3 mains and 3 desserts on the board- a breath of fresh air after the interminable lists on other restaurant menus. Starters were salade italienne, foix gras or caraccio de saumon, mains entrecote steak (can't remember when/if I have had a better one), filet of sea bream or magret de canard with a twist, desserts choc fondant, creme brulee and another. And here's a new wrinkle: no wine list, you are invited into the cellar to make your choice(s) of some pretty good value wines!! Friendly and efficient service. If they keep up the standard, I'm sure this restaurant will be a success and I look forward to my next visit.

• Visited June 2013