“Schooner "True Love' - a 'must do' in Watkins, Glen”

Schooner Excursions, Inc
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Watkins Glen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Sail on the vintage 1926 John Alden Malabar VII Schooner "True Love" that was featured in the 1956 movie "High Society". Docked at the Watkins Glen Seneca Harbor Park Pier, Schooner "True Love" charters daily on the deep blue waters of beautiful Seneca Lake. Coast Guard Certified for up to 22 passengers Schooner "True Love" sets the perfect scene for your relaxing getaway. Tour on our latest addition to the fleet, "M/V REMEDY" is an Oldport 26 Tour Boat. Enjoy an educational Eco-History Tour, a Winery, Brewery & Distillery Tour or relaxing Sightseeing Tour of Beautiful Seneca Lake. Docked next to the Watkins Glen Seneca Harbor Park Pier.
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband loves sailing and has taken a few lessons, but years have gone by without the opportunity for him to continue. He is also an old movie buff, so booking a ride on the historic schooner, "True Love" was one of my priorities on our recent trip to Watkins Glen. (the ship had a role in the 1956 movie "High Society" with Bing Crosby and Grace Kelley).
I was a little concerned about the weather, as rain and possible thunder were predicted. The owner was very helpful when I called the day before our planned booking, assuring me that if they felt that the noon excursion would be canceled due to the weather, that she would call me and let me know in plenty of time.
We had a wonderful time - especially my husband, who the captain allowed to steer the boat (under his watchful eye). The captain and his two crew members were very friendly and knowledgeable. The ship was gorgeous. The scenery beautiful. The weather even held out until near the end of our ride. There is a covered seating area so we didn't get wet even when it did rain.
All in all I would recommend this 2 hour excursion to anyone who likes sailing.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I just got to spend the day on "True Love" and it was so relaxing! The Captain and crew are very attentive to making your trip enjoyable from serving drinks to taking photos. We were allowed to take our own snacks you don't see that very often. If your planning a trip or live in the area it's a great way to see Seneca lake. The 2 hours flew by I could of stayed out all day! This sailing trip is a must!!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Peaceful and delightful water experience. Crew very friendly and helpful. A great way to enjoy Seneca Lake.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I've never been on a sailboat and was actually quite nervous since I'm not a big water fan and didn't want to get "sea sick" either. (I'm prone to sickness on moving objects! ) But it was a very enjoyable morning ride. I didn't feel ill once and was quite relaxed. We were out on the water for an hour and a half which was a bargain for the price. Seneca lake is absolutely gorgeous. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

What a great a great way to spend a few hours. It's a well.maintained 60 ft. Schooner that has been rebuilt that was originally from late 1920and rebuilt in2003.the crew are
knowledgeable of the area and schooner and provide a relaxing enjoyable time a board.True Love sails 2_3. Times a day $29.00_$39.00 depending on the time of day.