“Good Mexican food!”
Review of Garcias-Mexican-Restaurant - CLOSED

Garcias-Mexican-Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We found some good Mexican food, in the middle of New York. Off on a side street, you’ll find Garcia’s. The place looked like a neighborhood restaurant, with a few off-street parking spots. We were served chips and salsa. The chips were very good, but the salsa wasn’t anything special. My family ordered chicken burritos, and I ordered fish tacos. The burritos were huge, and very good. There was a good balance of ingredients in them, and my family enjoyed them (twice, since there were leftovers). My fish tacos, excellent. The meal had three, and they had a good portion of fish. The hot sauce that came with them was outstanding. So good that if they bottled it, I’d have bought some to bring home.

The prices were reasonable, and staff was friendly and provided good service. If you’re in the area and you’re in the mood for some Mexican food, or just a good fish taco or three… I’d suggest giving it a try!

1  Thank The_Redbeard

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We had the carnitas and fajitas, all excellent. Friendly service and mega margaritas! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

It can be a little tricky to find (parking behind the building, best access from side street), but the food was very good and the prices were really reasonable. The food was standard Tex-Mex (tacos, burritos, pollo loco etc.) but it was flavorful and well prepared. Meals include chips and salsa as you look over the menu. They've got a couple of mexican beer on tap and I had a decent margarita.

All in all a nice unassuming place to eat away from the craziness of the main drag in Watkins.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

we stopped in for margaritas because we were told this place was really good--we only ordered margaritas. the drinks had a strange green hue that was very artificial--it kept us from trying the food

1  Thank Becky G
Reviewed 21 October 2013

You'll find this quaint restaurant of the nation street. There it's a small patio out front with a few tables, the main entrance though is on the left side of the building.There is a nice bar in the center which i can imagine get packed during the summer months. There were just 2 other tables seated. It was only 3 on a Sunday, and we were glad to have a quiet place to eat. The menu had a combo section as well as the typical menu varieties normally on a Mexican restaurant's menu. My husband got the #10, 2 chicken tacos and rice and beans. I got the chalupa, the pepper thing (I can't remember the exact name) it's a mildly spicy pepper open and baked w mozz cheese and red sauce. I've never had one before, it was very tasty. The chalupa needed to be eaten with a fork and knife, but the toppings were plentiful and fresh. I would eat here again next time we're back in town.