“A Must See!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Farm Sanctuary

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watkins Glen
Farm Sanctuary
Ranked #10 of 17 Watkins Glen B&B and Inns
Fairless Hills, PA
“A Must See!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

What a cool place. Its just a 1/2 hour from Watkins Glenn State Park so if you are there, you have to come here. I love animals and this was a unique place to see and touch animals that you may never be so close too. The animals here come from very poor conditions, they are rehabbed back to health and now they can live out their life peacefully. The tour was very informative, only takes an hour and the animals that you can pet are friendly. Think about standing next to a 2500 lb cow. They are are so soft as well. What a great experience. I highly recommend stopping here!

Room Tip: They also have a a bed and breakfast here too.We did not stay here though.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank lynnealbright

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

I loved my stay at Farm Sanctuary, NY. The single room cabins are rustic and basic with a spacious and clean feel about them. Each cabin has 2 double beds, a dresser, benches in place of beside tables, a small seating area with a couple of chairs, 2 small tables with literature, a mini fridge and a roll away bed. We enjoyed the company of a sweet little resident black cat each night we were there who slept on the foot of our bed and was a very gracious to us, her guests. The bathrooms are a short walk away inside the People Barn. There's also nice private showers in this area.

In the morning you wake up to the roosters and the animals emerging from the barns. It's truly beautiful. We went in the fall, when the rolling hills of the Finger Lakes region were bright with colourful leaves and deer could be seen all around. The People Barn is where you go to enjoy breakfast in a small dining room with 2 picnic tables that also doubles as a media library with a small TV for guests use. The continental breakfast includes danishes, muffins, bagels, toast, coffee, tea and juice. It's simple and nice knowing that you know they've got you covered in the vegan department.

I went with my partner and a friend, but Farm Sanctuary's cabins and B&B are excellent for veg'n couples, groups of friends and families who aren't too picky about not having a tv or washrooms in the cabin. There was a young family staying there while we were there with two small children and they had a great time, especially meeting the animals, who are just so happy and at peace here.

It's hard to imagine the hell the residents of Farm Sanctuary have escaped from but that is what the People Barn is for. It's an educational and informative centre with games for kids, posters and pamphlets designed to educate people on the truths of the factory farming industry and why a vegan diet is a healthy solution. Each morning, B&B guests are treated to a tour that begins here after breakfast. There's a quick tour around the barn and short video outlining the issues. If you're already vegan, you probably know all this stuff and you won't have to repeat it if you do the tour on the following mornings, unless there's new guests.

It's not terribly graphic, but if you're living in denial about the fact that meat and dairy come from animals who are tortured, abused, suffer their whole lives and then die for your meal, then yes you might find it shocking. Remember, Farm Sanctuary is not a petting zoo, so if you don't respect that this a vegan sanctuary, you really have no business being here. On the other hand, if you're open minded and willing to expose yourself to a peaceful and healthy way of life, then you'll have a very rewarding experience.

I can't say enough good things about this place. I felt restored going here, seeing all the people who work here and dedicate themselves to caring for these farm animals. Seeing animals who can live out their natural lives without anyone trying to kill them. I did a meditation retreat early this year that included 10-days of silent meditation and contemplation and can honestly say that a few days at Farm Sanctuary was a lot more powerful and life affirming for me. It's just a vegan, animal loving paradise.

Room Tip: There's only 3 cabins and they are all in a row. One has an accessible ramp, but other than that...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank valsthegal
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

some people love animal to EAT, some people love animal with respect, NOT for eat.
Too many people are just willfully ignorant including myself about the food animal's capability and how they are treated in our society. We tend to lose the our judgement to other species especially the ones we eat and torture. And what we do is to try to protect our pleasure of taste, which I found it very odd looking back how I was. I used to say "I don't care about pigs and cows, like I do cats and dogs. that's why I don't have any guilt feeling to eat them, they are disgusting!!!"

Nothing is elitist than be able to justify other sentent-being's suffering and death to your dinner table. This is my view after I visited Farm Sanctuary. I used to be a omnivore, who loves my pets, but ate other animals. Thank you so much Farm sanctuary to make my eyes really opened. I am vegan 4 weeks now. It's amazing to live guilt free lives. ALL animals came from mother's womb, and ALL mother loves their babies. (human, non human)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank chichi m
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2010

To stay on the farm is truly a wonderful experience. The cabins are nice,clean,basic. Bathrooms are a short walk away in the people barn.This is as close as I get to camping(LOL),but they are always clean & have showers. A continental vegan breakfast is included. The people who work there are always nice,helpful,and friendly. We go every year & it is always a fun,learning,peaceful retreat.To spend time with all the animals on the farm,get to know what beautiful,peaceful creatures they are is something everyone should experience.

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank veganmom2
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2004

I have been going to FS for more than 10 years. It truly is a compassionate and beautiful place. A visit to the farm and meeting the animals that have been rescued from horrific human exploitation, will change you and make you question your food choices. These animals will touch you deeply. Listen to the roosters in the morning and watch the pigs ramble down to their pond. The caregivers are very knowledgeable and you can tell they love these animals. A wonderul experience!

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#2 of 9 in Watkins Glen
Longhouse Manor Bed & Breakfast
Longhouse Manor Bed & Breakfast
#16 of 17 in Watkins Glen

Been to Farm Sanctuary? Share your experiences!