“Surprising twist to chicken”

Jerlando's Ristorante & Pizza Co.
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Watkins Glen
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Jerlando's Ristorante & Pizza Co. Is located in the center of downtown Watkins Glen at the corner of 4th and Franklin St.. We are walking distance from many Hotels, Motels, B&B's and many area attractions including the State Park Gorge, Seneca Lake and several great shops. We have both Italian and American selections including a variety of Pasta, Steaks, Seafood, Poultry, Sandwiches, Veal, Salads, Pizza, Wings, and Burgers. We offer a full service bar for a quick drink with friends or to enjoy a meal watching a ball game. Our specialty is family dining. We also enjoy serving business clientele and being part of special events like anniversaries and rehearsal dinners. Our goal is to serve a quality meal that is affordable, and sure to satisfy. All of our entree's are prepared to order. Our bread is purchased daily from local bakeries in Watkins Glen and Montour falls. Our pizza is made from freshly prepared dough. We use whole milk mozzarella from Upstate New York farms. We feature many regional and domestic wines including Lakewood, Hazlitt, Glenora, Rock Stream, Fox Run and more. We have a variety of import/domestic bottle beers and keep a few regional craft beers on tap. Our entree price range is $7.99 -$23.99. In addition to our dining room, if your on the go, we have a very popular "take-out" located at the rear of our building. In the summer months we are open from 11am - 10pm seven days a weak. After Labor our hours are 11am - 9pm. We are open year round.
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We enjoyed our visit to this restaurant. I ordered the fried ravioli and they were absolutely wonderful. The sauce was sharply spiced and hot when served. My sweetheart ordered the Chicken Geovese.. spelled wrong... chicken was grilled with basil pesto and cream, roasted red peppers and sliced mushrooms. It was the best chicken he ever had, and it was served by Grace.... a young lady that was very helpful with all of our requests and more than cheerful in answering our questions. I also ordered a small Bruschetta pizza... it was very good, but could have used a base of red sauce until they get "ripe" tomatoes to serve on it. We are looking forward to visiting again.

1  Thank Dana K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,029)

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Not sure how this place is #2 in Watkins glen? First off the service is good, food is not. I'm not sure how they stay in business, I can actually say this was the worst meal I ever had. It wasn't just me, the customers next to us and behind us had issues with the food as well. The calamari was cold, over breaded and mushy. It had way to much Frank's hot sauce, maybe to cover the taste? The waitress actually took it off the bill with out as asking. The salads are bland, the bread under cooked. But the main course was dreadful. We were hoping for the best, but evidently I cook better than this. I had the chicken Cantonese & my wife had the eggplant parm. My chicken was over cooked, dry & chewey and the eggplant seemed to be microwaved. Anyways the food was bland, seemed pre made and reheated. Salad was just ok. Not many choices in town, but we would avoid this place. Maybe their pizza is better? I really hate to leave a negative review, but if your looking for authentic Italian good food, stay away. Not many choices here, but will definitely look harder next time.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Three nights in Watkin's Glen, three dinners at Jerlandos!!!! We had the usual great food and great service - this time by Tina and John Michael, who not only waited on us, but also talked WITH us and made us feel right at home. We love their pizza especially!! Have never had a bad meal there, and we ALWAYS go back to Jerlando's when we're in town!!!

1  Thank RoundTopper
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

A friend of ours came into town from the military for the week and 3 of us girls decided to have lunch at jerlandos. We had a blast! Our food was pretty good but Tina made the meal! She was an absolute blast! Cracking jokes and not missing a beat on what we needed. Thanks Tina!

2  Thank Alexandra T
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My daughter and I drove through Watkins Glen and saw Jerlando's and decided to stop for dinner. Our waitress, Grace, recommeded the Shrimp Veneziana and said it was her favorite so I ordered that. It was delicious! My daughter ordered the Linguini Genoves and said it was very good. We also ordered the Garlic Knots and they were phenomenal! We will definitely go back and eat there again!