“A fun throw back in time”
Review of Seneca Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watkins Glen
Seneca Lodge
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed here with a close friend and her family for their annual Seneca Lake wine tour. The Lodge was rustic and cozy. Something you'd see back in the 60's. The accomodations were modest but so was the price. There's a variety of places to stay from A-frames to hotel type to rooms that ajoin by common porches or doors. It was a real down home basic treat. The Bar was also alot of fun, with 1000's of things to look at and a story behind each one. When were were there a very talented 2 person band was playing.

Room Tip: This is for the basic, rustic weekend trip. A great place if you want to experience traveling the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have been staying at the Lodge for over 30 years. The first thing you have to remember is that the accommodations vary from very rustic and old to modern rooms. The rooms range from the cabins and motel rooms to A frames which are great for large families. There are new and old cabins, the old cabins are very rustic and very old but they are cheap and you will have a shower and a bed. My wife will not stay in them but if I am by myself they meet my needs. The newer cabins are much better but no TV, jut the basics. The motel rooms are clean but basic, TV, shower etc. There are also other rooms for larger groups. On race weekends the place is always fully booked, make your reservations early.
When you call ask them about the accommodations, the staff is very friendly and they will help you. It is only 5 minutes from the track and the Restaurant and Bar are excellent

Room Tip: Ask the staff, they will help you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jack H
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

This was my third summer staying here to attend the Grapehound wine tour. I have not and will not ever stay anywhere else when visiting WG. Stayed in the A frame this year (3bedroom one) and loved it. Nice mix of cabin/camping but with all the conveniences of home. The little cabins (especially the newer ones) are awesome too.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JulieRabbitt
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The Lodge has many different room arrangements. Be sure to check out what you're booking. Our room was 'no smoking' and 'no pets' with a comfortable king bed. If you don't care about it being the most up to date lodging you've found a great place. You can walk into the Park from your cabin or motel room without any problems. They serve very good food that is reasonable. Where else can you get coffee, 2 eggs, home fries and choice of meat for 5 bucks. The bar was a lot of fun and the music very enjoyable both nights that we spent here last weekend. It was our first time meeting up with friends (who have been going here for years) and we'll be back. The staff are very friendly and you always get a 2 dollar bill included in your change!
Not

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mmetz105
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My wife and I travel to Watkins Glen regularly. Mostly for (motorsports) business. Yes, there are fancier places on the lake and we can afford them, but we opt for the Seneca Lodge. It's our home away from home. After a busy/hectic day it's great to return to a very comfortable room, get refreshed and have dinner at the lodge's restaurant. The food there is always good with generous proportions. The wine/beer/spirit list is all that you could ask for to include their own brews. Be sure to have a refreshment in the bar and drink in the history that so surrounds the
area. Book early as the lodge fills up especially during the fall and racing season. Be prepared to wait during check in...the lodge is not as automated as it should be, so get a drink and relax...

Room Tip: Try for the A frames
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Trashcar
Reviewed 2 September 2013

It was our first visit to the Finger Lakes area and I must say the area is beautiful. There is a lot to explore, lots of walking, lots of winneries, even found an Elk Farm. The Lodge is rustic to say the least. If you are accustomed to a camping environment, its lovely, if not look out. Our room was in the lodge motel and it was just two beds, no head board, bathroom nice, but old toilet seat(chiped and cracked). The living room if you can call it that was a pull out old sofa bed type, a small desk and chair that served as a bureau as well as a desk. There was no closet, just a rod with some hangers. No refrigerator(if diabetic and have insulin please make note of this). A very old rug covered the floor. The people are very friendly, the food was okay, the parking limited, but the price right for us, especially in this area. All in all I will give it a three.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bob F
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stay at Seneca Lodge 2-3 times a year to do Driver Education at Watkins Glen racetrack and have been staying here for several years due to close proximity to the track. With the track schedules it would be nice sometimes to get a later checkout than 11 am. Every time I asked they say if we do it for you, we have to do it for everyone, no we can't. Yesterday I asked again and t hey said NO, the housekeepers leave at 2 pm, so why can't I check out at 1 pm? So I asked for a comment card, no we don't have those. It is a nice rustic setting, good food and drink, customer service not so much.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
The Local
The Local
#6 of 7 in Watkins Glen
Finger Lakes Waterfall Resort

Been to Seneca Lodge? Share your experiences!