“Lovely Lodge”
Review of Seneca Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watkins Glen
Seneca Lodge
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We were lucky enough to get an
A-Frame lodge for our stay. It was immaculate, comfortable and a great spot to retreat to after a day on the wine trails. To our delight, a woodpecker would come knocking just outside our bedroom window in the morning. Watkins Glen State Park was just steps away (a must see), the restaurant and bar were great too. Staff always very pleasant and helpful.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in one of the old cabin for three nights over the Canadian long weekend. I was a bit nervous turning the key in the door after reading some of the reviews on here, but we were pleasantly surprised. It is definitely a no frills kind of cabin, but we are pretty laid back and it met all of our needs and expectations. No tv? go outside, no hairdryer? bring one. I would recommend bringing an extra pillow though - I always like two. There was also no AC, but the cabin is well shaded and never got hot once. The food is great and the bar is great. Super staff, and we can't wait to go back. It's also great being across from the park, where you can hop on a trail, or swim in the pool. You would have to drive to town from the lodge, as it's up a steep hill with lots of traffic. No biggie though. We look forward to making this an annual vacation spot - next time in the A-frames with some friends. Nostalgia is everywhere, and we really appreciate that.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a new cabin which was very clean and roomy for two. Traveling east with a small dog with no extra charge. Walk to lodge for dining and fun! Staff ALL
Very friendly. Scenic area def worth the drive off interstate! Finger Lakes area is exceptional!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jwilly1
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed at the Seneca Lodge four nights in July in the motel room building. Simple, clean with no frills like hair dryers or coffee makers, but a quiet room, wireless, and flat screen tv. We enjoyed the lodge restaurant and great bar along with racing car crews and tourist families. Good food and atmosphere. From the lodge you can walk 5 minutes into the Watkins Glen State Park for free-- paid entry is only for parking-- and saved $8. Watkins Glen though a tourist town is a small, friendly base with enough choices for our stay, and wineries every way your drive!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is the 25th year my husband and I have gone to Watkins Glen on Memorial Day weekend. For at least the past 15 years we have stayed at the Lodge. We wouldn't have it any other way. We usually get the efficiency room but this time we decided on one of the large hotel rooms and were not disappointed. The experience from check in to check out is one of ease and friendliness. The room was ready when we arrived and the cleaning service doesn't rush to push you out the door if you are staying more than one night. The one and only complain that I have is the noise from the room next door (but that wasn't the lodges fault). Who in their right minds lets their two small children run amok at 7am? Not very considerate to those around you. I was up and awake, but I raised two children and they would never have acted that way. The lodge is adding new rooms every year we come down. They really have a good thing going. It is rustic, but that is how it is suppose to be. Kudos to the help and owners. Don't forget when you are there to stop at the Lodge Bar and restaurant. One-time experience with again, terrific help and good food.

Room Tip: If staying in a hotel room try to get the ones that are larger. You will pay a little more but it i...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Missdriff
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This place is old style. The website isn't very comprehensive and I emailed the address listed on the website with a question about rates - the response gave me price ranges but said all reservations must be booked on the phone. (When I arrived the woman at the desk insisted they don't have an email address!) I chose a new cottage (prices are different for new vs old and also for the motel and for the bigger structures). When I checked in, I discovered how very simple it is. A small room with only a bed, a small bed table and lamp. No television, no chairs, no other furniture and no place for luggage. The bathroom had a shower stall, sink and toilet - no place for toiletries. So it was adequate only as a place to sleep. I didn't eat at the restaurant or check out the tavern. I noticed cobwebs and dust bunnies.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank wisborn
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Went in the off season, first weekend of November.
The Lodge was rustic and cozy.
The room was clean and warm.
King bed.
We should have asked for more pillows.
Woke up with a stiff neck.
The restaurant only serves dinner, with a late night bar.
Close to town and it got the job done.

Room Tip: They have rooms that are separate for the main lodge.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
#2 of 9 in Watkins Glen
The Local
The Local
#6 of 7 in Watkins Glen

Been to Seneca Lodge? Share your experiences!