All reviewsnewer cabinsribsprime ribrustic charmtwo bedroom cabinracing historyold schoolbar tendercool placecraft beerwatkins glen internationaldouble bednothing fancyclose to towndefinitely stay here againbeds were comfortableflat screen tv
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Last stay, a few months ago I was disappointed at the DOGGY SMELL in my bed in the cabin. This time, my friend and I requested a motel room. The room is well laid out, nice comfy beds and everything is very clean. The only thing lacking is a TV GUIDE (just kidding, that is not their responsibility I could have picked up a local newspaper)

So, I heartily recommend the motel rooms at SENECA LODGE. It is very close to one of the entrances to the state park, so close that we could walk! That is definite plus.

Room Tip: stay in a motel room, not a cabin
Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank JuneNY
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Good value for the money. Nice friendly staff. Great restaurant and micro brewery onsite with funky bar.
Close to raceway. Will return,always a favorite. Would recommend the newer cabins. Could use a refurbishment outside,though.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2017

This is a MUST DO if you are in Watkins Glen. The breakfast is great! Coffee is absolutely horrid ( Please Senca change your @@#@# coffee!!)
Why is this good? its a slice of Americana. Reminds you of 1950s USA when things were good. Its a log restaurant and very authentic. The bar is classic! and worth photos. After breakfast walk the Gorge just near by.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank travelcato
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We came here to visit friends and they took us to the bar. What an amazing bar. Has all college flags up, bow and arrows and so much more. Very rustic. Bartender was great had the peach blonde which was great. Definitely come for a drink the grounds look amazing and the cabins are adorable. Next trip will stay here

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We stayed four days to attend an event at the racetrack. This is a wonderfully rustic, old-school resort of sorts, which my daughter and I lovingly refer to as Kellerman's Lite. Our two-bedroom cabin had recently been rehabbed and it was very clean, however, these were the hardest beds I have ever slept on, and I like firm. They were new, which was nice, but so flipping hard! Also, there were next to no storage areas; the bedroom with the two twins certainly had room for a dresser or table. Also, the only light in the living room was an overhead. Given it's a small space, some wall lamps would be very nice, and maybe a picture or two. The neighbors were great, everyone was considerate of each other. The bar is a selling point, with a great deck to sit out on, and their staff are great. The restaurant is nice for a treat. It would be nice if their website gave more information on the various cabins available. Overall great value, but those beds! Oy vey!

Room Tip: Our unit was in the bank of cabins that backed along Route 329, which, with a window open at night, was VERY noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family