“Our 2nd Time Back”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watkins Glen
Watkins Glen-Corning KOA Camping Resort
Mechanicsburg, PA
“Our 2nd Time Back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

We visited the park in late August. We paid extra to stay in the Sunset Acres section of the park. Our site was crushed stone with a stamped concrete patio which included a fire pit, picnic table, glider swing and lamp post light.

It is a central location to all the attractions in the area. We did not use the restroom facilities so I can not comment on them.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mummaiv

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I would actually give this KOA a 4 1/2 if it were available. We travel in a 30' travel trailer with a 7 and 9 year old. I am always am nervous when pulling up to a campground I've never been to before. The sites here were nice--all of them had pretty decent sized cement pads, some had upgraded patios with built in firepits, lights, and flowers but we stayed at the basic one which was fine. Our site was in the the oldest RV area--there were two other RV areas that looked newer. We spent time at their indoor pool (someone mentioned an a previous post that the pool was very small-it was the largest pool I had seen at a campground and we've been to plenty of campgrounds!) Both playgrounds were nice--one is much newer and bigger than the other. The jumping pillow was fun too. Putt putt golf was FREE which is a bonus (drives me crazy that most KOA's charge)! My kids played laser tag one night and really enjoyed it-- $6 which I thought was too high--I would suggest $3. Staff was friendly and helpful. We did not encounter any issues with speeding and felt it was safe for our kids to ride their bikes. I only walked in one bath house (new one) and it was very clean--I can't comment on the others since I did not go in them. I would recommend this campground without hesitation. Some of the earlier reviews seem a bit harsh, but then again, some people are impossible to please. It's only a few miles away from the Watkins Glen Speedway where you can drive three laps around the track!!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Hokiedawgs
Bridgeton, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Will NOT be coming bak to this campground!
1. Bath house was disgusting. Spiders in the showers, dirt in the showers, toilet paper all over the floors, hair clogging the shower drains, toilets clogged everyday.
2. No lights to the bath house. The bath house is not lit up at all. I fell numerous times getting to and coming from the bath house due to lack of lighting. If they would put up lights on the outside of the building so people could see the metal benches, basketball hoop, and uneven ground at night it would be much better.
3. Cabins. My husband and I stayed in a cabin. Very basic, no bathroom since we were so close to the bath house. The website says that there are mini-fridges in all of the cabins, this is a lie. Our cabin did not have a mini-fridge or a mattress. The bunk beds and double bed have a bed bug protector on them and that is all. NO mattress. If you dont bring an air mattress, youll be sleeping on wood and plastic.
4. Wristbands. Employees were constantly asking to see our wristbands that we received to enter the pool, game room, laundry room, and even buy ice cream! I understand the point is to keep out people who are not campers but it got a little overwhelming!
5. Internet. When we booked this trip I made sure that there was internet connection. I am taking classes for my masters degree and need internet access to do assignments. The internet was absolutely horrible. 90% of the time I could not get onto the internet because the connection was lost. Do not rely on their "FREE" internet. It's horrible.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lauren S

Travellers are raving about these Watkins Glen hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

We have a 30' 5th wheel. Sites were pull thru. Decent crushed gravel pad for the RV. It rained quite hard one night and there weren't really any puddles around the next day to speak of. Concrete patios which were nice. Staff seemed fairly helpful. Not many all night lights on the roads which we like. Water pressure was very good, Electricity even on a hot day with the camp fairly full was still over 116v which is very good. Cable worked with 60 some channels.

We spent about $55 a day for 4 days in mid summer so for us it was a little more than we've paid for other campgrounds, but not a huge deal. We stayed at the least expensive pull thru site with a pad.

The big downside for us was the internet. Once in a while it was okay, but most of the time it was terrible. The wifi connection was very good, but the latency on the internet was often in excess of 10 seconds. So pages load very slow if at all. Sometimes the connections would simply time out. The staff is well aware of the problem. When I went to talk with them about it, their response was "It's always been that way. We don't even have a good internet connection at the office." For them to advertise they have wifi is misleading IMO. Sort of like advertising you have cable, but only have 1 channel.

Not likely we'll come back here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pitman44
Marietta, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Not really a park for families with small children. There is a posted speed limit of 5 MPH which is NOT inforced at all, the owners and staff members in golf carts are the worst violators! Not advised at all to allow your children to ride their bikes in the park. Pool rules are posted and again not inforced. No life guard on duty but there is a camera monitoring the pool area in the office, it appears they don't bother watching it. The adults in our party decided to go to the hot tub only to find it occupied by several young girls all visibly under the age of 14, with no adult supervision, the posted age for the hot tube is 16.. The bathrooms and showers were filthy, no matter what time of the day you tried to use them. Actually saw someone giving their dog a bath in the bathroom sink! The digging for coins at the pirate ship is a great idea and kept our little ones occupied, they were very excited to spend there coins until they got to the store. This is a great marketing tool to get people into the store to spend more money as there is very little for them to choose from. Advertised as having WI-FI, however it never worked in any part of park. Rude staff seems to be the norm for KOA's in this area.The Staff at the KOA in Canandaigua, NY is by far the worst, they may have trained the staff in Watkins Glen. .I might add that this park is way over priced. Consider this an accurate review as I am currently camping here. I would stay at Watkins Glen State Park long before staying in this park again.

1 Thank camping101_1
pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

I am a KOA member and have stayed at several non-KOA and KOA sites. I would rate this one below average for several reasons.

1. High prices - 74.00/travel trailer for nonmembers weekday summer at their latest greatest Sunset Acres lot which has no trees. They are pull through but there are no views to speak of. Access to bathrooms are a joke. There are a few bathrooms near the office which were about 400-500 yards away. The next closest bathrooms (2 toilets and 1 urinal) for men were 200-250 yards away. This will service all the tent sites and RV sites. IMO this was not acceptable. However if you look on their map of the grounds there appears to be bathrooms at the far end of sunset acres (as of 7/12 they are not finished but on the map). There is an indoor pool which is monitored and controlled like a prison with CCTV all over the place. They were even watching people in the hot tubs. WIFI that was so weak as to render the service nonexistent. They even manage to print that on their brochure. (this was of course an upgrade from before) IMHO i don't watch any tv but accessing the internet for reviews and restaurants or directions is a vital part of traveling to a new area. WIFI is by far more important than cable.

2. Kids activities - there seemed to be some activities available to kids such as the pool, bouncing pillow, very small playground and listed activities but we didn't participate.

3. Location - mixed picture. Easy access to Corning, NY and Watkins Glen both seem to be 15-20 minutes away but the camp site is next to the major road and railroad. The train always travels through around 11:30 PM and blares its horns. No real policing of the noise levels.

4. Positives - the RV sites were relatively flat with some sloping worse in some places. There was good hookups with 30/50 amp sites, sewer, water pressure was good. Didn't use cable. There were concrete pads which were nice but the weeds around the pads cheapened their efforts. The fire pits were built into the concrete which placed you about 5 feet next to your neighbors. As long as everyone was quiet it all works out but you could imagine some situations not working out. The police respond well it seems. There were three cars with a K-9 unit there so we felt safe and secure.

I'm not planning to return mostly because of the attitudes of the staff.

Room Tip: There were some RV sites with trees and shade on the eastern side of the campground.
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

They didn't tell me about their two-adult rule for kids under 16 at the pool until I got there, which is kinda funny since I am a single parent and they knew I was the only adult on the reservation. I'm all for campground's having their own rules, but I'm also in favor of knowing non-standard rules before I plunk down my money and drive all day to get there. They let me slide on the 2nd adult rule, but it's a good thing we didn't get to the pool first or want to stay later or we would have been in trouble. Management seems overly concerned with rules and less concerned with their guests having fun. Sitting by an indoor pool in a hot enclosed area, in an uncomfortable chair, on several very hot days isn't my idea of fun. There are a lot of places I can go where I don't have to suffer through my vacation. The kids liked the campground better than I did, but not so much that they'd want to go back.

Room Tip: Some sites are a substantial distance from the pool. Check the campground map when making reservati...
1 Thank Monica P
#5 of 9 in Watkins Glen
The Blackberry Inn B&B
The Blackberry Inn B&B
#1 of 17 in Watkins Glen

Been to Watkins Glen-Corning KOA Camping Resort? Share your experiences!