“Nice Campground” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Watkins Glen-Corning KOA Camping Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watkins Glen
Watkins Glen-Corning KOA Camping Resort
North of Buffalo, NY
“Nice Campground”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2009

We stayed in an RV on one of their large sites. I know some other's have commented on the sites being small. Ours was not. Had a very nice patio with chairs and a built in fire pit. We stayed on a Mon-Wed so it was quiet with few campers. The sites were clean as were the bathrooms. The campground is close to town and the employees were courteous and nice. It looks like it has all of the amenities that other campgrounds have including a hot-tub and a small gym. I typically stay at KOA's and I believe this was one of their better ones.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JohnC525

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
ct
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2009

While the location is good, the cleanliness and service at this campground leave much to be desired. I stayed there over a race weekend and the campground was full. The women's bathroom was not kept clean, and only 2 of the 4 showers were working. This led to long waits to use the showers. With so many people, at times it was downright disgusting!

The staff there was not particularly helpful or friendly. I was given a rate when I made the reservation, but when I checked in, I found I had to pay considerably more. When I questioned the amount I was told that it was probably "one of the kids" that gave me the wrong rate. I got an apology and that was that.

The tent sites are quite a distance from the bathroom. The sites near the pond are very close to the highway so you get traffic noise all night long. There's also a train that goes by and is very loud. And, watch out for the goose poop all over the tent sites by the pond.

While the location is convenient to the raceway and the village of Watkins Glen, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank dathorpe19
toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2009

We stayed there during our visit to Watkins Glen / Finger Lakes area for 3 nights. Because the wife and family/friends are first time campers, I thought of going with KOA for "civilized" camping. It's our first time staying with a KOA campground

Echoing another reviewer, how this campground got the "KOA Awards" it did is beyond me. Below is how we found the facilities:

- The campsite is TINY. It could not have been more than ~10' x 25'. You are literally 5-10 paces from your neighbors.
- The showers were filthy. There were big water puddles on the floor outside of the actual shower. At least the stalls are individual stalls.
- The sites are very close to the highway AND RAIL. Every night, we would wake 2-3 times from the racing cars and locomotives that sounded like JET engines!
- The facilities are limited. Because it rained most of the day on Sat, we thought we go sit in the pavilion. Well, even though it is listed as a "facility", you are not allowed to sit in it. It's not like it was being used for something else at that time - during our visit, other than the weekend breakfast service, it stayed closed and empty the rest of the time. When we asked where could we go when it's raining, the staff who kicked us out replied: "the bathrooms?"

Not sure if other KOA facilities are like that. Unfortunately this one has turned me off KOA sites.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank d16lee
Rochester, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2009

We were staying in a 1 room kabin while the rest of our family was in campers, our cabin was filthy, and when our daughter dropped a toy under the bunk bed it came out with so much dirt and grime on it we had to wash it twice. The pavillion shower area was the grossest thing I have ever seen. the shower curtains had mold all over them, and that was on EVERY curtain in the building, we went and checked late at night. womens room had no ventilation and in the humidity left a foul smell in the air. The staff was just plain rude, case in point. I found a brand new toy someone had dropped by the door of the pool, I went to the check in desk to return it as the entryway is on video so I figured they could see who dropped it. in front of me was a young lady that wanted some trash bags to sit on at the movie in the woods, since the logs were wet from the storm that had just past through, the employee PEGGY (older) gave her two bags, when the young lady stated that there were 4 of them going peggy gave her a nasty scowl and THREW 2 more bags at her...when it was my turn I explained I had found the toy and her response was "What do you want me to do about it ?" I explained she had a video monitor she could look at to figure out who it belonged to, she took the toy and threw it behind her in a box and that was the end of things, very dissapointing, and they do not have Wi-Fi, they may say they do but we had extremely low signal no matter where we went...not a friendly campsite at all.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank montyrob
Potsdam, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2009

Stayed in a one room cabin with large deck, bunkbeds, futon-bed, and bathroom. It was a bit pricey considering we had to bring everything (bedding, etc) from home, but my 18mo and 4.5 yr old LOVED the place. We were right near the pirate playground and could walk to other ammenties (jumping pillow, night time movie, indoor pool). I say it's better for 5 to 12 b/c then I would have just let my "big" boy run around with friends, etc, instead of staying right with him. Also, the jumping pillow was a bit overwhelming for him. There were pedal cars for bigger kids and a mini nature trail (which was quite beautiful). Hiking the state park was BEAUTIFUL. We've never been to disney but if you talk to my 4.5yr old, you'll think by his reaction that we did go to disney. The pool was fantastic, by the way.. not scummy at all. I can see how I would only go to this place b/f summer really hits though, b/c I can imagine it's quite crowded and less fun once school is out. Service was outstanding.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
ithaca, new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2009

Stayed in standard two room cabin with my sister-in-law, granddaughter, and great niece and nephew. They enjoyed the pirates playground - digging for hidden treasure - walked around the pond area - and especially liked the swimming pool (a real treat for this time of year). Last year my family including two grandchildren and their friends also enjoyed a visit here in May. A great campground especially for this time of year.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2009

We came here to visit with friends who were staying here. The campground looked clean and impressive, but many of the help are young adults who seem lazy and don't care about their jobs. Ours and our friends kids were treated very rude by a young lady on the jumping pillow, she had a foul mouth, was rude to the kids and seemed more interested in her cell phone than what was going on around her and she really could have used some hygiene help. NOT the image I would want for my business.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
#2 of 9 in Watkins Glen
Firelight Camps
Firelight Camps
#1 of 3 in Ithaca

Been to Watkins Glen-Corning KOA Camping Resort? Share your experiences!