“Enjoyed our experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watkins Glen
Watkins Glen-Corning KOA Camping Resort
Rochester, New York
“Enjoyed our experience”
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We just spent the weekend at the Watkins Glen/Corning KOA. While yes the tent sites are small the rest of the experience was wonderful! The showers/bathrooms were clean and the water was almost always hot! The staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 June 2010

So our family decided we wanted to visit the Finger Lakes during the summer since we have a boat and the kids (ages 21, 15, 9) really enjoy tubing and other boating activities. We decided to stay at the KOA in Watkins Glen after reading the reviews on their website. They lied! This campground was AWFUL!!!!!! The ground was all uneven and they stuck us in the back of the campground. There was nothing for the kids to do- no activities or pick-up games, and it seemed like there were not even any other kids around! There's only an indoor pool, which was a real bummer and they may say they have Wi-Fi, but it doesn't work. Also, it rained almost every night we were there, although it wasn't their fault, it just added to the stress of this trip. Also, the staff was so terrible- they made our children cry!! So on the last day, as we were pulling out, one of our cars broke down (we had 2, one pulling the boat and the other pulling the camper). We were parked right near the lobby and I went inside to ask to use the phone and they wouldn't let me! They even had the nerve to ask us to move our cars and boat out of the way, while one of them was broken down!! And to top it all off, it began to pour outside! It took us a while to get AAA in to tow the truck and while we were waiting, the staff kept shooting dirty looks and nasty comments our way! This was the most terrible vacation our family has ever experienced, mostly due to this campground!! Never stay at this campground, EVER!

p.s. Our daughters even renamed it as Krappen Old Adventure Campground- at least they got some good laughs about how terrible this campground was!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank bdatraveler5

Travellers are raving about these Watkins Glen hotels

kingston
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We stayed here while on a waterfall trip through watkins glen and the surrounding area,. We rented a electrical campsite becasue we had a computer and they give u free wi-fi internet (but u have to get a code from the office thats good for 2 hours). The bathrooms were very clean but we were there in the off season, they had what looked like a very nice indoor pool that we did not use thou. I would recommend this campsite to a camper but cannot comment on the cabins or rv sites, its exactlly what u need when ur camping, a place to sleep!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cbrux71
North of Buffalo, NY
Reviewed 23 August 2009

We stayed in an RV on one of their large sites. I know some other's have commented on the sites being small. Ours was not. Had a very nice patio with chairs and a built in fire pit. We stayed on a Mon-Wed so it was quiet with few campers. The sites were clean as were the bathrooms. The campground is close to town and the employees were courteous and nice. It looks like it has all of the amenities that other campgrounds have including a hot-tub and a small gym. I typically stay at KOA's and I believe this was one of their better ones.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JohnC525
ct
Reviewed 12 August 2009

While the location is good, the cleanliness and service at this campground leave much to be desired. I stayed there over a race weekend and the campground was full. The women's bathroom was not kept clean, and only 2 of the 4 showers were working. This led to long waits to use the showers. With so many people, at times it was downright disgusting!

The staff there was not particularly helpful or friendly. I was given a rate when I made the reservation, but when I checked in, I found I had to pay considerably more. When I questioned the amount I was told that it was probably "one of the kids" that gave me the wrong rate. I got an apology and that was that.

The tent sites are quite a distance from the bathroom. The sites near the pond are very close to the highway so you get traffic noise all night long. There's also a train that goes by and is very loud. And, watch out for the goose poop all over the tent sites by the pond.

While the location is convenient to the raceway and the village of Watkins Glen, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank dathorpe19
toronto
Reviewed 7 August 2009

We stayed there during our visit to Watkins Glen / Finger Lakes area for 3 nights. Because the wife and family/friends are first time campers, I thought of going with KOA for "civilized" camping. It's our first time staying with a KOA campground

Echoing another reviewer, how this campground got the "KOA Awards" it did is beyond me. Below is how we found the facilities:

- The campsite is TINY. It could not have been more than ~10' x 25'. You are literally 5-10 paces from your neighbors.
- The showers were filthy. There were big water puddles on the floor outside of the actual shower. At least the stalls are individual stalls.
- The sites are very close to the highway AND RAIL. Every night, we would wake 2-3 times from the racing cars and locomotives that sounded like JET engines!
- The facilities are limited. Because it rained most of the day on Sat, we thought we go sit in the pavilion. Well, even though it is listed as a "facility", you are not allowed to sit in it. It's not like it was being used for something else at that time - during our visit, other than the weekend breakfast service, it stayed closed and empty the rest of the time. When we asked where could we go when it's raining, the staff who kicked us out replied: "the bathrooms?"

Not sure if other KOA facilities are like that. Unfortunately this one has turned me off KOA sites.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank d16lee
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 27 July 2009

We were staying in a 1 room kabin while the rest of our family was in campers, our cabin was filthy, and when our daughter dropped a toy under the bunk bed it came out with so much dirt and grime on it we had to wash it twice. The pavillion shower area was the grossest thing I have ever seen. the shower curtains had mold all over them, and that was on EVERY curtain in the building, we went and checked late at night. womens room had no ventilation and in the humidity left a foul smell in the air. The staff was just plain rude, case in point. I found a brand new toy someone had dropped by the door of the pool, I went to the check in desk to return it as the entryway is on video so I figured they could see who dropped it. in front of me was a young lady that wanted some trash bags to sit on at the movie in the woods, since the logs were wet from the storm that had just past through, the employee PEGGY (older) gave her two bags, when the young lady stated that there were 4 of them going peggy gave her a nasty scowl and THREW 2 more bags at her...when it was my turn I explained I had found the toy and her response was "What do you want me to do about it ?" I explained she had a video monitor she could look at to figure out who it belonged to, she took the toy and threw it behind her in a box and that was the end of things, very dissapointing, and they do not have Wi-Fi, they may say they do but we had extremely low signal no matter where we went...not a friendly campsite at all.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
#7 of 9 in Watkins Glen
The Blackberry Inn B&B
The Blackberry Inn B&B
#1 of 17 in Watkins Glen

Been to Watkins Glen-Corning KOA Camping Resort? Share your experiences!