Lakeside Resort
Longhouse Lodge Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$128
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$178
Official Hotel
Budget Inn(Watkins Glen)
US$95
Anchor Inn And Marina(Watkins Glen)
US$80
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Gorgeous View Motel(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$86
US$90
  • Pool
The Falls Motel(Montour Falls)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$111
Chieftain Motel(Watkins Glen)
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
Glen Motor Inn(Watkins Glen)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbagelscontinental breakfasthard boiled eggsfire pitroom was cleanmicrowave fridgeseneca lakepride of ownershipthe breakfast areapeanut butterplace to staywouldn't stay anywhere elsebeautiful view of the lakehighly recommend staying herestayed here for two nightsa great stayother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed 5 nights in room 12. The resort is located just 5 minutes north of Watkins Glen. Tony was a great host. When I called to confirm that I could take my dog along, he replied with an enthusiastic "of course, dogs are welcome!" The continental breakfast is self serve in dining area, and includes coffee, tea, orange juice, hot choc, hard-boiled eggs and an assortment of muffins & toast/bagels. Rm. 12 had small fridge, microwave, and coffee machine. His white lab Jimmy was friendly towards guests and their dogs as well. Beautiful view of the lake includes sight of Hector waterfalls on the opposite side. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank DawnLopez
Reviewed 24 June 2013

For the price this is a nice place to stay. At $89 it's a bargain compared to the average $139 room. The owner, Tony, lives on the premises and the office is in the walk-out basement of his home. There are no thrills here. The continental breakfast is just that, a continental breakfast. It is a good place to get a cup of coffee and enjoy the view. Our room did not have a coffee maker, but a short stroll (100 ft) to the breakfast area took care of that. Our room (Room 10) was tight with two queen beds and a small table with two chairs. Some other rooms looked more spacious. The beds are VERY firm.The towels are thin but the quaintness, views and Tony's politeness overcame the shortcomings. There is not much in the way of fitness equipment. We did not have wireless, nor did we ask about it. I believe there is access closer to the office.

All in all my wife and I were pleased and would stay here again. If you are looking for all the amenities of a larger motel, or the plushness of a B&B, stay in one of those. If you are looking for a quiet, clean and affordable room to sleep, this may be your place...

Room Tip: For best lake views ask for an east facing rooms. The cabins are the newer rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank Sauer1119
Reviewed 20 May 2013

When we arrived, the owner actually told us that he was too busy to check us in and that he had lots of other things to do. After a little pleading, based on our time schedule, he agreed, but was not happy about it. When we walked into our room, it reminded us of the 60s. The furniture was extremely outdated and the smell was very musty. I did see one of the cabin rooms, which was nicer than ours. The beds were quite uncomfortable, almost like laying on a piece of cardboard. Overall, I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We have visited Seneca Lake two times in the past five years, both times we ended up staying at Lakeside Resorts. The first time we were very disappointed with our accomodations that we booked at another location, so we were frantically looking for a place to stay and that's how we met Tony at Lakeside Resorts. He was able to get us a king size cabin at a great rate. Years later we were headed up to the area again to go to a concert in Ithaca and decided to stay a few nights. Upon calling to confirm our reservations at another location I was notified that we were booked in June instead of May! Arg! I was very frustrated, but once again Tony to the rescue, I called and he was able to get us a king size cabin with a kitchen area for all the nights we requested. Actually, he gave us a better deal than at the place I originally booked, we were able to stay 3 nights, for the cost of 2 at the other cabin rental location. Tony is accomodating, friendly and professional. We once again enjoyed our stay and have learned our lesson, Lakeside Resort is a great place for a little getaway. It's inexpensive, quaint, and clean. Thank you for another great stay :)

Room Tip: The cabin we stayed in I think it was 15 was really great king size had a mini fridge and a sink with two electric burners. It was really nice to have that available, I liked not having to wash dishes in the bathroom sink.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2012

My wife & I chose Lakeside Resort after reviewing AAA & Trip Advisor. Stayed 5 days to hike and cruise through wine country. You can't go wrong. Tony is the most accommodating & friendly motel owner we've met. His "pride of ownership" is obvious & well deserved. His rooms are extremely reasonable, clean and up-to-date with TV, iron, mini-fridge & microwave. He adds to this with a continental breakfast in a dining area with beautiful views. If you wish to stay in a motel that is run by a small businessman who is friendly, gracious and genuinely cares about making your visit a pleasant experience, this is the place for you. And if you are a "dog person", Tony's Lab, Jimmy is a delight. We won't think of staying any place else when we return to Watkins Glen.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple