Watkins Glen Villager Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Lakeside Resort(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$101
Longhouse Lodge Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$128
Watkins Glen Harbor Hotel(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$189
Official Hotel
Budget Inn(Watkins Glen)
US$106
Glen Motor Inn(Watkins Glen)
US$140
Chieftain Motel(Watkins Glen)
US$88
  • Free Internet
Anchor Inn And Marina(Watkins Glen)
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
Gorgeous View Motel(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$113
The Falls Motel(Montour Falls)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$111
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We have stayed at this location many times over the years. It is very affordable and the location cant be beat. Short walk to the glen in one direction and a short walk to the lake in the other and its near all the good restaurants in town. The great thing about the Villager is the indoor pool and the very helpful staff. Our rooms have always been clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: The rooms in the hotel are larger and close to the pool, while the rooms in the motel building are smaller.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed in the motel located on the main road and it was very noisy. They also have a hotel that is set off the main road which would have been much quieter and I will request that next time, That said, it was very clean, people were extra friendly, helped me out with directions in town. The pool was well maintained and nice. From the outside the hotel doesn't look like much but it was so clean. Basic but everything you need. Best part was I could walk to every thing in town. About 6 blocks to the gorge for hiking, 4 blocks to senaca lake harbor, 3/4 mile to walmart & lake park and restaurants and stores all around, Will stay there again

Room Tip: ask for a room not on the main road as they are noisy
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I guess if you were stranded this place might do in a pinch but if you are planning a trip for a race, wine tour, or gorge walk and are on a budget avoid this joint at all costs. There are a few cheaper and much nicer places down by the State Park. While the Villager is right smack dab in the middle of town there are trade-offs. The truck and auto traffic outside are frequent and at all hours. if that doesn't drive you batty this place seems to attract a less than desirable clientele. When I was there they placed this group of what appeared to be transient workers in the room next to me....they drankand did whatever all night long. I remember heading to my car in the lot and watching housekeeping's reaction when they opened the door to the room next to mine. It was an audible gasp. The room itself is what you would expect from looking at the exterior of the building...basic and utilitarian. The problem with that is the outrageous rates this dump charges. No carpeting on the floors, rock hard bed, crappy TV and a sink by the bed. There were dead insects in my second floor room. This place would be ok if you hit the bars on the Main strip and got too inebriated to drive anywhere. That would be the only reason to stay here. The only reason.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank tsar811
AJFranzese, Owner at Watkins Glen Villager Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

The Villager Motel has no rooms without carpeting as described.We have 3 different buildings with a range of rates. All of our rooms are checked daily prior to guests arrivals. All guests have a right to inspect their room when checking in. If not satisfactory we want to know. This person never contacted our office or management about any problems.
Both our office and management’s phone numbers are printed on all room phones so that a customer can reach us at any time day or night. Our response is immediate so we can assure that our guests have a safe and comfortable stay. We are family friendly and do our best to see that all guests are happy with their stay.. As for the price comment this reviewer saying what he did chose to stay.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I needed/wanted a room in Watkins Glen for Labor Day Weekend. This was the only place in town that had a room open all three nights.

The positives: The office staff was very pleasant from the time I made the reservation through my checkout on Monday. Motel was very conveniently located in downtown area of Watkins Glen; several restaurants and lake within easy walking distance. Staff was very accommodating with motorcycle travelers (I was one.) Rooms and grounds were clean and safe.

The negatives: Even considering holiday weekend, prices were a bit steep for room size and type of motel (no frills). My room was very small, but person who took my reservation did let me know about this ahead of time. Motel is in need of some updating and cosmetic repair in certain spots, especially the doors to many of the rooms, but it isn't nearly as bad as some reviewers have indicated.

Overall, this motel served my needs (just a place to sleep) and I would probably stay there again, especially if I could do so for a little less cash.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Advertised as a bed and breakfast, but you have to cook your own. They put some eggs and bacon in the refrigerator and said help yourself. We visited in middle July with temperatures in 90's. Only a/c was in the bedroom. No fans, and the windows do not open. Bathroom was down the hall from room, with no air.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

The Glen Manor is advertised on our website only as a Guest House. Not as a Bed and Breakfast. Only guests occupy the house. Each morning a large continental breakfast is set out by our staff and guests are told to help themselves. We do not have bacon and eggs in the refrigerator.We do not allow guests to use the stove. Guests are welcome to use the refrigerator to store their wine and snacks and the microwave to warm things. If guests are looking for a hot served breakfast we refer them to one of the many bed and breakfasts in our county.