This motel is clean and adequate - nothing fancy. The staff was friendly. The deck is amazing and an increadibly relaxing place to be. My only complaint would be the lousy mattress. Despite the mattress, I would stay there again in a hearbeat.
While nothing listed below bothered me or anyone I stayed with, there are A few things to be aware of:
1) The hotel is on a CRAZY steep hill. If you're unsteady on your feet or afraid to take your vehicle up a hill, this is not the hotel for you. Side note: you don't HAVE to walk up and down the hill if you don't want to - the parking lot is at the top. There also steps to walk down part of the hill.
2) This is a Dog friendly hotel and we saw several dogs during our stay - including the Owners' dogs who occasionally roam outside or in the lobby area. Our group was a bunch of dog lovers, so we didn't mind.
3) There is a salt plant down the road from the hotel so during the week, there is a good bit of truck traffic. We didn't see any trucks Saturday or Sunday.
4) The Tiki bar across does have live music on weekends and was a bit loud on Saturday night - not enough to interfere with sleep unless you're a really light sleeper.
5) Each day they made the beds and emptied the trash. We had the same sheets and same towels for 3 nights.
Again, none of those 5 things bothered me, but I know people can be picky and you should know what you're getting into. Our rooms each had a mini-fridge, but no coffee maker. They have fresh coffee every moring in the lobby. The continental breakfast was just muffins and pastries - nothing hot.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Anchor Inn And Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anchor Inn And Marina Hotel Watkins Glen
- Anchor Hotel Watkins Glen