“Great stay at the manor”

Longhouse Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #16 of 17 Watkins Glen B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great stay at the manor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had a suite with a view of the lake (4 of us). 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. There is a common livingroom, dining room, library. Breakfast was hot, and quite good. Facilities were very clean and in very good condition. Close to Watkins Glen and to the wineries. Did not use the swimming pool but it was inviting and had the view of the lake,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LawrenceWarner

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
North Tonawanda, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

My husband booked a room at the Longhouse Manor (the B&B behind the motel) for our anniversary. Once I had a chance to look around I could only tell him he made an excellent choice!

First off, we were made to feel welcome by every member of the staff we encountered. When we arrived, the woman who checked us in actually drove with us up to the house and gave us a tour/made sure we were situated in our room. The amazing service continued throughout the visit!

This is not your typical B&B. You are checked in and pretty much left to your own devices instead of being watched over by the homeowner. Each room has a private bath, which is a HUGE bonus in my book!!

Rooms are large and well-equipped with DVD players, flat screens, coffee maker, bath robes, huge fluffy towels, fridge (complimentary water, juice, etc), microwave, and hair dryer. There was a sitting area in our room with a pull out sofa sleeper, recliner and fireplace.

The common areas are wonderful and there is a full kitchen and grills at your disposal. We rented movies to watch each night on the gigantic flatscreen TV in the upstairs living room while enjoying a bottle of wine. Breakfast is made to order at 8:30 AM and is a great addition to the list of amenities. There is free wifi throughout the house, or there is a computer available for guest to use.

All-in-all it was a great "mid-week weekend" getaway and we are already booking our next trip!

Room Tip: Make reservations directly through the business for the best price
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in the manor, which is the main house up the hill from the motel. The view of Seneca Lake is very pretty. The owners were very cordial. The breakfast was also good (bagels, English muffins, fresh fruit, juice, milk, coffee, and a hot item each day such as French toast and sausage or eggs and bacon). However, our room (while large) was musty and had a mildewy smell. It was kind of dank. There were also several spiders in the room, which perhaps can't be helped this time of year. The shower head was very low on the wall in the bathroom (we had a ground floor room), especially for my 6' tall husband who had to bend down to get under it. Otherwise, towels were fresh and the bathroom had a double bowl vanity. Room decor was outdated.

The pool looked nice but we didn't get a chance to use it. There are a pool table and a ping pong table on site, which we also did not use. The b & b was sufficient to sleep in while we visited with relatives elsewhere a majority of the time. The decor is somewhat outdated and we paid close to $200 per night, which seems overpriced for the room caliber. Our stay met our needs for the weekend but we will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

So we have stayed there for several years have never has a problem with anything! Last time we stayed there we lost power ( ice storm) they did heat our house with wood stove and fire place...but we had the whole house rented and one of the couple had to cancel the night they were to come up due to an very serious illness in the family. I kindly ask the owner if they could be reimbursed for some of their money because they were unable to make it up. The owner flipped out!!!! He almost got on a fight with one of the vacationers saying that he will not give any money back thy will lose their money and if he would have known he would have rented that room out! Seriously who would stay in the 1 room with all the other rooms rented to our party! It was an icy weekend!! He was a psycho!! Never will stay there again!!! I can only say beware of the owner! Beautiful home but the customer is always right!! I give 10 thumbs down!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank sclouser
Buffalo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

My wife and I have been staying at the LH Manor for the past five years (once per year). It is a 7 or 8 bedroom manson. Has always been very clean and staff is very nice. Beakfast is uselly pancakes or scrammbled eggs, nothing speical. We have always come with 6 other couples every year and have pretty much taken the whole house.

I had one bad experience with the owner of the manor, over the cleaning of our room. After a long day at the winery's, I came back to a unclean room. I called down to the desk and said "my room wasn't clean". Five minutes later, the owner came up himself and starter yelling at me "you told the maid not to clean the room!".. Unknown to me, my wife had requested to NOT clean the room.

Normally, I would have asked the owner to step outside and discuss this further, however the smarter side said...I would not have a place to stay after being kicked out. "So I took it on the chin". My point is. The costumer is ALWAYS RIGHT. The way he handled the situation was very poor. He acted like a tough guy when he could have simply stated someone requested the room not to be cleaned. I would have gladly apoligzed for my mistake. I personal don't ever want to stay at the manor due to this incident, however, 6 other couples do. So I lose. Finally, I do not recommend the jacuzzi suits, if the house is full - good luck getting HOT WATER for the tub. In closing, this was a 1 time incident and I have never seen the owner again.

Room Tip: $30 to $40 dollars cheaper if you stay in the lower rooms. The jacuzzi rooms are really nice but t...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tony T
Bellingham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Seneca Lake is a beautiful area. This hotel costs less than most of the other options around. The beds were very comfortable, the rooms are clean and the pool was very nice. The view of the lake was beautiful. The hotel is not new so don't stay there if you are looking for something fancy but for our purposes it was fine. We were attending the Finger Lakes Wine Festival so we just needed a good room to stay in and we also enjoyed using the pool. The continental breakfast is minimal but the coffee was good.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Donna C
Canton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

Romantic adventure turned into a sweat lodge.
Entered our upstairs suite and it was 95 degrees in our room according to the thermostat.
Opps, said our hostess, we forgot to turn on the room air conditioner. At 10:00 pm the very small window air conditioning unit managed to cool the room to 85 degrees. We continued to sit outside in the gazabo through a rain storm because we could not tolerant the heat in the room. By midnight, exhaustion set in and we went to our room which was now down to 80 degrees.
At checkout, we asked for a discount , as we could not use the in room faicitlites, ie: jacuzzi etc. We were told that she could not approve that and would have the owner call us. Called back in a week and the same woman said that she gave him the note. 7 months later still waiting for the call.
As owners, of a Bed and Breakfast, we certainly would take better care of our customers!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
The Inn at Glenora Wine Cellars
Longhouse Lodge Motel
Longhouse Lodge Motel
#7 of 9 in Watkins Glen

Been to Longhouse Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!