“Quiet and relaxing”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Jerusalem
“Quiet and relaxing”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

The hotel is recently renovated, it looks and feels fresh and clean. Most importantly, it was unexpectedly quiet and relaxing, even during the school holidays, when everything is packed with large Israeli families with kids.The nice hotel lobby during the day was almost completely deserted, which never happens in hotels in Israel.

There is a simple square but large swimming pool, deserted in the morning, with a nice shade in the afternoon hours (pity that during the hottest hours it is completely exposed to the sun, which forces you to put a lot of sunscreen). A little nuisance might be that it opens only at 8.

There is a small but well equipped gym, which also opens at 8. Of course, there is no rush on the Dead Sea, but still, there are people that love to wake up and do their exercises early. As a bottom line, I found that such late schedule was one of the factors that made my vacation so relaxing - by slowing down my usual daily pace.

Another great impression was the hotel staff. They were always adequate, effective, non-intrusive and really helpful. On one occasion, a complicated energy-saving air-conditioning installed in hotel rooms after the renovation gave up to my excessive demands, and stopped working at 3 in the morning (it is really hot in the summer on Dead Sea, even during the night!). It took just about 20 minutes from the moment I called the reception till the hotel electrician discovered how to get it back.

The dinner was ok, but as an option I'd recommend to go in the evening to the second Isrotel hotel on the Dead Sea, the large one - there is a very good Ranch House restaurant. Strangely, the evening entertainment program in the smaller Isrotel Ganim I liked more than in the bigger Isrotel, at least to my taste.

For some reason a hairdryer was missing in the room - but I never requested one, so I don't know whether it was intentional.

There are 3 small elevators, and this is often insufficient. Waiting for an elevator was the only unpleasant experience during my stay.

There was some construction work happening during my stay in August 2012 in the basement of the hotel - on some rare occasion I heard some construction related noises, just that it wasn't bothering me at all.

Room Tip: As I understand, there are bigger and smaller rooms. Smaller have bigger windows which makes them as...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 20 August 2012

The hotel is newly designed and really pretty to look at! The food is delicious and the spa was nice. Not big, but two nice smaller dead sea water pools.
The hotel is still learning its way in service.. meaning there wasn't any written material when entering the hotel, the reception staff wasn't familiar with the sites of the area, and the food staff argues with each other quite a few times. Overall though, these discrepancies didn't matter too much, and our stay was perfectly lovely.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one evening in July 2012,while touring the Dead Sea area which included Masada and Ein Gedi. The hotel was nicely renovated with helpful staff, for an Israeli hotel. It was well situated with a short walk to the dead sea, and nice swimming pool and spa. Our room was well appointed with brand new furniture and fixtures. We had a nice view of the pool and Dead Sea from our room. The bed was comfortable but the room stayed a little warm even with air conditioning. We were some of the first at breakfast as to get to Masada early. The meal was beautiful, with made to order cappuccino and an amazing selection of breads, cheeses, cold cereals, and salads as well as hot egg dishes and pastries as well as bountiful fruit selection. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan D
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 28 July 2012

The Dead Sea is a special place, not only in Israel' but world wide - this is the deepest place on earth with very special atmosphere.

The Hotel- which I remember from many years ago as one with nothing to write home about, changed its face and invested in total renovation!

The place is nice, clean, calm with very good food (relatively for hotels dining rooms)

the staff is polite and helpful.

Room Tip: The rooms just above the pool are a little more expensive - you do not need this since all rooms are...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Kefár Saba, HaMerkaz, Israel
Reviewed 8 July 2012

It was in June 2012, I was staying with a group of tourists from Germany. It was exactly the tine of the Opera Carmen. The hotel was clean, there was a very good atmosphere. The food was good and all the facilities were great. As I also had my birthday while staying I got fruit and wine with a greeting card.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Rina R
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This hotel had a major facelift, but the some of the scars still remain visible.
The most impressive job they did was around the pool area outside as they put nice wooden panels all around the pool and added grass all around the grounds making it look very chique. Now it is possible to be close to the pool action or chose a more quiet spot on the outer lawn. Unfortunately the temperature of the pool water is way too warm to swim comfortably in. In the other Isrotel a few hotels down the road which I visited, the water temperature is cooler more refeshing.
The rooms were also renovated with more modern furniture, flat screen televisions and new carpeting.
The thing they didn't do as well was the bathroom. There are no hooks to hang wet towels on, but the most disappointing thing they did was to rip out the bathtubs and replace them with showers! I don't care how sleek the glass looks. A shower does not replace the comfort of a tub. I don't understand this often modern trend to rip out tubs ( tubs that also had excellent showers) to replace them with only showers.
The quality of the food seemed of have gotten slightly worse compared to last year, except for the breakfast which was the most improved. They added a cappuccino and espresso maker which a friendly server personally makes for you.
The meat was very disappointing.: often very tough and fatty or sinewy. The vegetables were too oily and the salads a bit too spicy. Excellent fresh variety of breads. Nothing to write home about over the fish which was almost always pan fried or coated with batter and almost always a white fish... I would have liked some salmon or trout.
The best desserts to my taste were the morning ones: delicious warm apple strudel, cheese cakes. The evening ones, having to be kosher and not have dairy ingredients were less interesting to me except for the chocolate, coconut brownies they had a few times.

The staff were were very friendly and accomodating compared to the previous year. I think they must have taken a seminar on customer relations.

One thing that I was really disgusted with was, however, the fact that they decided to charge for wifi this year. 29 shekels an hour or 80 shekels a day!! And they wouldn't give it to our group at a reduced rate either because this "highway robbery" company called SmartNet took over their wifi.
Solution: I borrowed a net stick from a friend and when the wifi connection was not working I went next door to the large Royal Rimonim hotel lobby and "borrowed" their free wifi. Nobody seemed to care that I was not a hotel guest..

Other things:
The elevators were not reliable. Being scared of elevators I always used the stairs, but members of our group got stuck in the middle elevator at least twice for over 30 minutes and there were even a few cases of people getting stuck in the outside ones for 7-10 minutes. When we got there, the middle elevators was being repaired for days, but it still managed to get stuck after that!

Noise from continued renovations woke some of our group up continually at 8 am, so some of them moved to a higher floor.
Also the room cards often did not work even after getting them re-programmed twice.
On two occasions, workers knocked at our door without waiting for an answer and opened it while we were inside: one time to improve the A/C and another time for something I didn't understand. Seemed odd..
The lobby is really elegantly renovated with comfy lounge chairs with relaxing decor.
The roof top solarium is kind of shabby and has a weird smell inside where there is free coffe, milk and juice.
I look forward to seeing what this hotel will look like once all the renovations are complete.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Shira S
White Rock, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrives at this hotel especially after reading some of the reviews from this past March. The hotel is almost finished renovating and if you book a room on the 5 th to 8 th floors you should be fine and away from the noise of the work still going on on lower floors. The 4 th floor is renewed also, but we had friends staying on that floor and every morning They are woken up at 8 in the morning by the renovation work that is still going on below that level somewhere.

The new hotel is very modern with an airy open lobby that is joined by a small bar and by a resting area that overlooks the Dead Sea and their Olympic size swimming pool. The staff are all very courteous. I have been here since April 28 th and will depart on June 13. I am very happy the hotel has been remodeled as I think I would have left otherwise. They also have an indoor salt pool and a couple of jacuzzis and a fitness and kiddies playroom.

The one thing I find not so good is the restaurant. The food is a buffet style that is usually the same with a few changes everyday. The meat dishes are really bad. I think the beef is put through a washing machine before it is cooked. Very tough. I usually head for the fresh veggies.

I have checked out eight of the hotels here as there is nothing much to do here. (I am caring for my grandchild while here parents sing at Masada in Carmen). I would say I would rank it second to the Isrotel Dead Sea which is definitely a five star hotel. I would say the Ganim is well on its way to being a four star hotel. I believe good service and cleanliness are two of their top priorities.

Compared to the beautiful hotels in Las Vegas, the price for this hotel for two weeks was staggering to me but then, this is the Middle East and also not a huge city at the Dead Sea so I suppose the $2800 for 13 days in a modern, air conditioned,clean hotel was worth it once.

Room Tip: Choose a room above the fourth floor at least until the reno is completed.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family