My last visit to the crown plaza was 15 years ago. Actually, I have warm memories of that visit since my youngest learnt how to swim in their pool, AND they had excellent deserts. For years I thought about going back for a visit. Maybe I should have left the memories as they were.
The rooms are decent size with all having a nice view of the dead sea. The beds are firm and large. The rooms are clean, as is the hotel in general. The staff was attentive and towels were brought up to the room within minutes of the request. There is free wifi all thought the hotel. The pool area is quite large and there is a private beach to the dead sea close to the hotel. And yes, there is a small fridge in the room with no pain in the butt computerized mini bar that won’t allow you to put your beer in side - so two points on that account.
The not so good. The television has a number of satellite channels which simply have bad reception are impossible to watch . Considering the technology today there isn’t any reason for it. The rooms have a very large shower but no bath tub. The exercise Room isn’t much bigger than the bedroom. It had room for one bike one cross trainer and two treadmills . Although there was a TV it was tiny and there wasn’t anyone to turn it on so it didn’t make much difference. The hot water pool is too narrow and simply too small and one has to be careful not to bang into to someone floating around. Aside from all that the dining room has terrible acoustics.
The even worse Of all the hotels I’ve been to the past few years the food here was the worst . The fish ( tuna) at night was so over cook as to make it impossible to eat. The turkey was cool the sauce over sweet the salads mediocre with little imagination and the deserts nothing like I remembered. The only good part of the meal was watermelon and the bread. Breakfast was similar more fresh though uninspired salads and really good bread. In most hotels they have a coffee bar with someone to make fresh espresso etc this too was lacking.
One last tip the best time to go to the Spa pool is between 13:00- 15:00 when it is really quiet
In all a decent clean but definitely not 5 star hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the lowest place on Earth, right at the edge of the with its own private beach, the Crowne Plaza Dead Sea hotelis waiting to pamper you at the highest level possible. The Crowne Plaza Dead Sea hotelis an elegant vacation spot in the heart of the desert. The hotel houses a unique large freshwater pool with internal currents and is heated during the winter. The hotel s Rosemarin restaurant serves three meals a day. The rich breakfast menu includes a salad bar with various cheeses and breads. Lobby Carnival is the hotel s dairy restaurant, serving an assortment of salads, sandwiches, toasts, pizza, ice cream, homemade cakes and a selection of hot, cold and alcoholic beverages. The large and luxurious spa offers a fitness room, a heated pool with saltwater from the Dead Sea, two Jacuzzis, two sulfur pools, wet and dry saunas and two pressure showers. A wide variety of treatments are provided at the Spa. The hotel s entertainment staff offers a varied program of activities including shows, guest artists, games, workshops and more.Wireless High Speed Internet Access (WiFi) is available. ** Check-in time update : for saturday evenings is 19:00. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Crowne Plaza Dead Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hotels Dead Sea Hotel Ein Bokek
- Crowne Plaza Ein Bokek
- Israel Dead Sea Hotels
- Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Israel