“terrible expereance”

Crowne Plaza Dead Sea
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
Reviewed 3 May 2014

not enough parking, got a parking ticket, front desk barely speak Engish, the reception menager was arrogant an told me we don 't care about Americans. Our business are only the Russian people. The room was dirty an bug infested , The staff by the pool were nasty and refused to communicate in English. If you did not speak Russian, you ar out of luck. The beach was under construction and we were not told about it.
When we checked out, the receptionist refused to give us the proper papers to collect the VAT tax at the airport and lost the money.
The hotel is not 5 star hotel just barely 1.5, will never go there ever again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jose S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Jose S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I would love the opportunity to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I ordered the rooms at the hotel two months before the vocation. First of all I got two double rooms with separated beds instead of king size beds but after an hours of discussions the reception manager found us two rooms as I ordered but one of them was for people with limited capacity. I didn't have any choice and agreed to take it. Besides that I was not told by the representative of the hotel that the beaches in the area were under construction. I ordered this hotel and not any other else because there is a private beach and guess how I felt arriving to the end point after two hours drive and discovering that there was a border around the pool area. Yes,there was a narrow stripe from the hotel arranged by the stuff going to the beach area!But the place was so incapacious!!! And all these experience in one day!! The hotel is not 5 stars as they define themselves , I'd say only 3 stars,the stuff is not friendly. In the end of the day I saw that there is no even bathrobe and sleepers in the room and when I called the reception I was told that I have to pay for that!!! At the 5 star hotel!!!! I wanted to fill in the form for the member's club in Crown Plaza hotels, of course it will never happen. And I never come back to this terrible place!The only reason I stayed here is my friends who came from Europe first to this hotel but immediately changed it to another one.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Ravits K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Ravits K,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service, room confusion and the pool construction. We will address these concerns. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

How do you know a good wine from the rest? By the long lasting impression it leaves on you..

The same is what happened to me and to my family at our last visit to the lowest place on earth but on top of the world with the nice welcoming and friendly staff of this hotel.

From the bell-men, to the receptionists who were all guest and service oriented and made us feel right at home, onwards to the FAB room and the breathtaking panoramic of the Dead Sea and the spacious swimming pool...

Undoubtedly - back again (soon we all hope!!)

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Its-me1912
meeray t, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Its-me1912

Thanks for your nice review of our hotel. Will be happy to meet you in person upon your next arrival.
Wish you a happy day

General manager

Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I just wanted to share my wonderful experience at this fine establishment!!!
It began with the wonderful front desk staff that were all smiling and welcome, after the check in we went to our room and WOW is the first thing that comes to mind - what a view!!!

The next thing we enjoyed was the fresh buffet for the meals, you even get to watch the cook makes the food right in front of you!!!

What can I say? A wonderful vacation at the Crowne plaza!!!

Stayed: April 2014
BernasD, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Erez-Cal

Thank you four your very kind review of our hotel.
It will be our pleasure to host you soon again among our distinguished guests

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed in this lovely hotel for 8 nights this April,I saw that people wrote that it is expensive however not even one of them wrote that it is a high holiday and the rates at all hotels at the Dead Sea are expansive due to this and to the fact of high kosher regulations. The food was superior buffets full of good and tasty dishes, I was surprised to see 15 soldiers having a festive dinner in the hotel and to my question I was told that they have been invited free of charge by the hotels general manager I highly appreciated this gesture and asked to send them drinks that I paid for!!! The beach is under constructions as all beaches in the area but the CP did arrange a small beach for the guests it was nice and clean. On the roof top a brand new solarium to take a good sunbath!! I will surely be back for Succot. Lovely hotel friendly staff. Highly recommended if u wanna stay in the best location in the area.

Room Tip: Must try the SPA treatments and have a buffet dinner
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Meged1959

Thank you for your review.
I was happy to read of your great experience in our hotel, I will be my pleasure to host you soon again among all our distinguished guests

General manager

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

The check in and check out process was quick but it would have been appreciated if we were escorted to our room rather than being sent to look for it for ourselves with the luggage in our hands after a tiring drive from Amman. Although the hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable the experience was flat out boring. As a family we enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel and the food in the restaurant by the pool. The pools are great and lifeguards are available. Watermelon is passed out to the guests near the pool at one point which was appreciated. However, things started going down hill at dinner. The buffet was empty, which was very unusual considering it was during a high season but we later understood why. The food was horrible. The staff's attention was almost impossible to catch even though the restaurant was completely empty. This only applies for the dinner buffet, the breakfast buffet was delicious and the service was satisfactory. After dinner we decided to go around the hotel to see what activities were going on and again the hotel was empty. There were no events or any forms of entertainment for the guests to enjoy at night. We ended up going back to our hotel room at 8:00 PM and used the free wifi for entertainment and went to bed at 9:00 PM.

Stayed: August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. Let me offer my sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations and for not creating a memorable stay for you. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future and make your stay as best as it can be.

Again, thank you for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This would have to be the worst hotel experience ever. Rudeness must be a prerequsite to work there. Everything was too much trouble for the staff. While the hotel is situated in a lovely part of the Dead Sea, right on the beach, the unpleasant staff took away from the enjoyment. The rooms are run down, in desperate need of a facelift, but the prices were very high. I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Judy J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Dead Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Judy J,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Dead Sea.

Orlando A.