The Crowne Plaza sits right on the Dead Sea in Ein Bokek. I had previously been to two other day spa locations on the Dead Sea, and the quality of beach here was much better. Not as many rocks getting in, interesting salt formations within view and beneath the waters surface were round salt clusters opposed to just mud and rocks. I liked this a lot. I did not like that they kicked everyone out at 5pm when the sun was still shining bright. The pool area too. The indoor spa area with heated thermal baths stayed open a full hour later. We tried to go to the nice restaurant, but were told it "wasn't working" whatever that means. However, the big buffet we ended up at was pretty good. We attended the night show, and it was REALLY BAD, but I was surprised we had night time entertainment in the desert to being with.
Our room was average in decor and layout and the beds were a bit hard, but everything in the room worked, it was clean and the balcony was huge.
Overall, I think its a great place for a night or two on the way to other places, but I wouldn't plan a week here. We did enjoy our stay very much, and the beach was the best part of it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the lowest place on Earth, right at the edge of the with its own private beach, the Crowne Plaza Dead Sea hotelis waiting to pamper you at the highest level possible. The Crowne Plaza Dead Sea hotelis an elegant vacation spot in the heart of the desert. The hotel houses a unique large freshwater pool with internal currents and is heated during the winter. The hotel s Rosemarin restaurant serves three meals a day. The rich breakfast menu includes a salad bar with various cheeses and breads. Lobby Carnival is the hotel s dairy restaurant, serving an assortment of salads, sandwiches, toasts, pizza, ice cream, homemade cakes and a selection of hot, cold and alcoholic beverages. The large and luxurious spa offers a fitness room, a heated pool with saltwater from the Dead Sea, two Jacuzzis, two sulfur pools, wet and dry saunas and two pressure showers. A wide variety of treatments are provided at the Spa. The hotel s entertainment staff offers a varied program of activities including shows, guest artists, games, workshops and more.Wireless High Speed Internet Access (WiFi) is available. ** Check-in time update : for saturday evenings is 19:00. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Dead Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Hotels Dead Sea Hotel Ein Bokek
- Crowne Plaza Ein Bokek
- Israel Dead Sea Hotels
- Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Israel