“Dirtiest Hotel I Have Stayed At Daniel Hotel Dead Sea” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Daniel Dead Sea Hotel
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Ein Bokek
London, United Kingdom
“Dirtiest Hotel I Have Stayed At Daniel Hotel Dead Sea”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had the misfortune to stay at the above hotel 7 days ago. We had to wait 5 hours before the room was ready. All we were given for our trouble was a ticket to obtain a towel and was told to wait by the pool. As we walked to the pool area all we could see lying around the pool was food lying all over the area with one clearing any thing away. The sun lounger were all covered with
bird droppins. No attempt was made the clean them up.
I have since discovered that they have down graded the hotel from 5 Star to MINUS 5 so the they can get the local Rif Raf in Jewish and Non Jewish.but are still charging overseas visitors double. Children between the ages 3/4 were running about the lounge after 9pm with the parents not caring. The staff including the so call Managers could not care less they were the lowest of the lowest. The bedrooms staff did not replace any used items and left papers on the floor he must of been blind.

Room Tip: Could not find a good room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Michal E, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Dead Sea Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear mister louis W,

I have reviewed your comments regarding your stay at the Daniel Dead Sea hotel by "Tamares".

I was sorry to read that the service of few of the hotel staff, cleanliness and some of the maintenance aspects did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on the site.

I can assure you that all the team , managers and staff are sincere in our aim to ensure that our guests receive a high standard of service and accommodation. I wish you have turned to one of the managers at the hotel with your feedback ,I'm shore we would have find a solution while you are still in the hotel.

Therefore, your comments are very important to us and enable us to check ourselves and improve our level of service.

I will be more than happy if you could send me your personal mail address or phone number so I can speak to you in person at : Michal.evron@tamareshotels.co.il
P&R Relation managers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Hod HaSharon, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

The biggest problem with this hotel is that it's rated five stars, but it is very far from meeting European/USA standards for even four stars.

Pros:

1. Excellent location - just a few minutes from its private dead-sea beach, 15 minute drive to Masada
2. Very nice outdoor pool (although very cold), great spa area
3. Nice rooms with great view of the dead sea and/or pool

Cons:

1. Stood on line for 30 minutes to get a room (had same problem last year)
2. Public areas aren't as clean as they should be
3. The room wasn't very clean when we arrived

Summary:

Same standard as most other Israeli "five star" hotels in the dead-sea area, but would hardly be considered a four star hotel in Europe/USA. For the price we payed we expected much more.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank avipiti
Michal E, Public Relations Manager at Daniel Dead Sea Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear avipiti,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on "Tripadvisor".

I was sorry to read that the cleanliness of the hotel did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on the site.

Beit Dagan, Israel, Middle East
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

It was a great vacation an Rina hader was amazing.... the dinner was grate and tasty
u daniel hotel for a wonderful
The bowling is one of the biggest advantage
We will definitely come again
stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank SolomonBarazani
dear guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on TRIPADVIZOR.
Your worm compliments about Rina Hadar are more than appreciated as well as
Your excellent recommendations and rating.we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Best Regards;
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We spent 3 days at the Daniel Ein Bokek and were really disappointed. It definitely wasn't worth the very large amount of money we paid. All of the public areas were really dirty. In the 3 days that we were there I never once saw them wash any of the tables or chairs by the pool even though people were eating, and spilling food all over them. The toilets by the pool were truly disgusting. We paid for half board and the dinners were awful. I definitely wouldn't recommend this hotel. Save your hard earned cash for a hotel that actually deserves ypur money.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank FInchley2008
Dear guest

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Came for two weeks. Most of call to house keeping are answered but totally ignored with no response or action. Terrible derelict issues include safety hazards like the wrong outdoor electricity outlet that are open and not water protected all over, broken equipment that are not being taken care of although daily reminders, uncovered big holes near swimming pool where children's are running around.
This is on top of bad service of most of the crew members. Many days with Lack of towels, you name it.
Probably my first and last time there.
Dror

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear guest,

I was sorry to read that the service of the hotel staff and some of the maintenance aspects did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on the site.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

We came to the dead sea to spend the day, and from all of the hotels at the dead sea- Daniel is the most beautiful!
They have great spa, very large pool and nice beach nearby.
Lunch was delicious and the staff was very friendly.
Perfect day, perfect hotel :-)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank naamau2014
Michal E, Guest Relations Manager at Daniel Dead Sea Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
dear guest
Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on TRIPADVIZOR. I am delighted that your stay with us at Daniel Dead Sea by "TAMARES" was exceptional. Your excellent recommendations and rating is appreciated and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Best Regards;
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel, good value for money.
We stayed for the Shavuot holyday and enjoyed warm and welcoming service from Michal, the hotel's guest relation manager.
The hotel have great SPA facilities.
Dinner and breakfast were rich and with variety of choice

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank BenLaros
Dear benlaros,

Thank you for taking the time to write your recent review on TRIPADVIZOR.
Further I wish to personally thank you for the compliments !! :)
Best Regards;